Preschool activities that include math, science, letter activities, and pre-reading skills can (and should!!) be fun and exciting to a young child! This is a long list of our posts with activities you can do with your 2-5 year olds! We have made a lot of printables over the years, many of them are free. 🙂 Hope you find some useful ideas here! Have fun!! ~Liesl
- A Huge List of things to do with Your Preschooler (Free Printable)
- 20+ Board Book Recommendations
- 15 Books your 4-7 Year old Shouldn’t Miss
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Free Alphabet Packet
- Free Planets of the Solar System Pages (this includes some tracing pages and Montessori 3-part cards)
- Vertebrate-Invertebrate Unit (PreK – K)
- World Animal Packet – When we learned about the 7 continents, we went on to talk about some of the animals from each of the continents. This packet contains Montessori 3-Part cards with animals from the 7 continents as well as a number activity pages for each continent. You can find out more about this 60+ page World Animal Packet here:
- Animal Packet (Ages 4-6) – You can get this in a bundle with the World Animal Packet above in Our Store
- We also studied Earthworms: Hands-On Invertebrate Fun! Part I – Earthworms and the earthworm life cycle
- And Planaria (a type of flatworm): Hands-On Invertebrate Fun! Part II – Planarian – which you can order to study at home. They are easy to care for and are fascinating to study because they regenerate.
- Our 60+ Page Dinosaur Packet (which includes Montessori 3-Part Cards, Letter and Number activities, a Dinosaur Lapbook, board games, addition activities and much more!
- Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities when ED was 4.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- If your child knows their letter sounds, they may be ready to learn to read. Visit this post, Teach Your Child to Read, for fun ideas that help your child learn to read – phonics games, word matching and more.
Montessori Preschool Posts:
- The Prepared Environment – A post about Montessori philosophy
- Preschool Unit on Bugs
- Living – Non Living Sort
- Rainforest Plants (from around the world)
- Biomes Cards – These are included in our Biology Unit
Of course, you can also do various unit studies with your child. When the kids were little we did units on Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and more — including lots of arts and crafts projects. We also did units on the 5 senses, natural disasters and more! I haven’t included those specific units in this list, but you can look at our CATEGORIES button if you are interested in doing a unit on a specific topic.
Be sure to visit us at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page!
Preschool Fall Theme:
- Free Fall Math Game Board – Use this game board for any type of math fact practice. Players move around the board until one person lands on the WIN space. My oldest used this to add positive and negative numbers… but you can use this for number recognition, easy addition, subtraction or multiplication problems.
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well. ~Liesl
P.S. Our store is getting a bit of a make-over. Hooray! I can’t tell you how many people have asked me if there was a way to purchase more than one item at a time. Since I run this blog on my own and always super busy juggling our homeschooling (and homeschool planning), outside activities, and work on the website/business… it has taken a long time to get to this! (Sheepish grin here!)
You can pop over to check out our store here: