Preschool activities that include math, science, letter activities, and pre-reading skills can (and should!!) be fun and exciting to a young child! This is a long list of our posts with activities you can do with your 2-5 year olds! We have made a lot of printables over the years, many of them are free. Hope you find some useful ideas here! Have fun!! ~Liesl
- 20+ Board Book Recommendations
- 15 Books your 4-7 Year old Shouldn’t Miss
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Vertebrate-Invertebrate Unit (PreK – K)
- We also studied Earthworms: Hands-On Invertebrate Fun! Part I – Earthworms and the earthworm life cycle
- And Planaria (a type of flatworm): Hands-On Invertebrate Fun! Part II – Planarian – which you can order to study at home. They are easy to care for and are fascinating to study because they regenerate.
- Our 60+ Page Dinosaur Packet (which includes Montessori 3-Part Cards, Letter and Number activities, a Dinosaur Lapbook, board games, addition activities and much more!
- Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities when ED was 4.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- If your child knows their letter sounds, they may be ready to learn to read. Visit this post, Teach Your Child to Read, for fun ideas that help your child learn to read – phonics games, word matching and more.
Montessori Preschool Posts:
- The Prepared Environment - A post about Montessori philosophy
- Preschool Unit on Bugs
- Living – Non Living Sort
- Rainforest Plants (from around the world)
Of course, you can also do various unit studies with your child. When the kids were little we did units on Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and more — including lots of arts and crafts projects. We also did units on the 5 senses, natural disasters and more! I haven’t included those specific units in this list, but you can look at our CATEGORIES button if you are interested in doing a unit on a specific topic.
Be sure to visit us at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page!