ED is working on the /er/ sound. She really enjoys the spelling word sort activities and enjoys playing these board games, so I made a new spelling activity for her with a desert scene! These cover
- words spelled with ur such as burn, turn, nurse, church
- words spelled with ir such as girl, bird, shirt, dirt, circle
- words spelled with er such as summer, mother, desert
- words spelled with or such as doctor, work, worst, worry
- words spelled with ear such as early, search, learn
- words spelled with our such as journey, courage, journal
There are word sorting mats (seen in the middle of the photo below) and several different board games. The first board game practices words with ur, ir and er. Another board game includes the six spelling patterns mentioned above – ur, ir, er, or, ear, and our.
This spelling sort is $2.50.
Once you pay for this packet, you will immediately receive a link to download this file (which will open in a browser window). You will also receive an email from SendOwl (the service I use) that says “Homeschool Den Purchase.” That email will also have the link for you to download this file. If you have any trouble with your order, feel free to email me — liesl at homeschoolden dot com ~Liesl
You might enjoy this related post:
- Spelling (Grade 2) — About the spelling curriculum we use & online spelling game the kids use regularly.
And don’t miss our other fun spelling sorts: