I have a really cute set of fall-themed sight word games for you today! This is a free download!
Each game covers six words. The first two games are from the Dolch frequently word list: The first activity includes: said, make, the, and, see, look. The second game includes: big, can, for, two, blue, yellow. The third game includes CVC words: cat, bat, pot, dot, fit, sit
Print out several copies of the word cards on card stock. (Laminate if desired.)
Each player needs a token to move around the board.
Shuffle the cards well. Place them face down in a pile.
Each player takes a turn taking a card, reading it, and moving his/her token to the next spot on the game board.
The first player to make it into the end square with the correct word wins the game!
There are also a couple worksheets to go along with these… tracing pages and color in the words. They also have autumn-themed clipart.
I hope your kids enjoy these! ~Liesl
Here are some of our other fall themed posts:
- Free Fall-Themed Packets for Ages 3-6 (PreK-Gr. 1)
- Free Multiplication by 6s Math Worksheets and Skip Counting Mazes: Fall Theme
- Fall and Thanksgiving Math Packs and Games (Free)
- Free Fall and Thanksgiving Packets and Printables
- Fall Skip Counting Pages for 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s (Free)
- Thanksgiving Skip Counting Mazes 2s, 3s, 5s (Free)
- Thanksgiving Math – Free Basic Addition and Number Family Sheets
You might be interested in these posts for 3-5 year olds:
- Huge List of Things to Do With Your Preschooler
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-5 year olds (and up)
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Free File Folder Game – 2 letter words
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2 to 3-Year-Old Crowd
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- And don’t miss our Dinosaur Packet for 3-7 year olds!
Your young learner might also be interested in our unit on Simple Machines:
That’s about it for today. See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page. We highlight 3 or 4 posts each day there, so it’s a great place to quickly browse for new ideas! ~Liesl