China Geography and Landmarks Packet
Free China Geography and Landmark Packet
As many of you know, last semester we read the Story of the World, vol. 1 (affiliate link). Initially, I was just reading it with my youngest, but my older two wound up listening in too. 🙂
When we came to the first chapters on Ancient China, I wanted to go over some basic facts about China including the geography, government and some of the well known landmarks and features. In this geography packet, there are photos of some of the following places:
- Forbidden City, Beijing
- Great Wall of China
- Potala Palace, Lhasa, Tibet
- Shanghai, The Bund
- Terracotta Warriors, Xian
- Yuanyang Rice Terraces
- Guilin, Li River
- Palace Museum, Beijing
- Huangshan Mountains
- Yungang Grottoes
Guess what? This packet is currently free to download!!
Several years ago, we studied Ancient China in more depth (than we did this time around). You might want to check out our Ancient China Packet which has notebook pages for studying the dynasties of China.
You might be interested in some of the other posts from our China Unit:
- China Unit: Books, Books! A Huge List of Children’s Books – This is a comprehensive list of all the children and youth books we could find relating to China. Since my kids range from 6-10, I wanted books that would appeal to my kindergartner as well as novels to read to my older kids. You can download and print our list out.
Don’t miss our other Ancient Egypt posts:
Free Ancient Egypt Notebook Pages
Recreate the Flooding of the Nile River Valley
Egypt-Themed Multiplication Review Packet (25-pages)
And coming soon, I’ll be sharing the Ancient Greece/Ancient Rome notebook pages I made for her.
Other Ancient History Posts:
- Ancient Greece (for K, Gr. 1 or 2)
- Ancient China Notebook Pages
- Ancient China – Books for Kids
- Hinduism Worksheets (India History)
And you might want to visit the posts from our Middle Ages Unit:
- Vikings, Norse Myths and a Woodburning Craft
- Middle Ages: King Arthur, Charlemagne
- Middle Ages Unit: The Medieval Church and Monasteries Worksheets
- Feudalism in the Middle Ages Notebook Pages and Simulation
- Middle Ages – Notebook Pages on England and France (800-1200)
- The Crusades
- Middle Ages in the 1300s: Black Plague Simulation, Hundred Years’ War, Crusades
- Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan Free Notebook Pages
- Marco Polo – Notebook Pages, Books and Resources
That’s about it for today! See you again soon here or at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter! You might also want to check out our History Resource Page which has links to dozens of history posts. And don’t forget to check out Our Store as well. 🙂
Happy Homeschooling! ~Liesl
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.