This is the second part in my talk about math curriculums. In the previous post, not only did I list some of the better known homeschool math curriculums, but I shared 15+ ideas for making math engaging and fun! (Math Curriculums and Active Engaging Math Activities)
Today I wanted to share some of the materials I’ve made for the kids. I’ve found that the kids really enjoy when I make sheets specifically for them. They’ll always ask me, “Did you draw this? Did you make this for me?” After I’ve done all that work, I’m happy to share them with the wider world. If you click the links below that will take you to the post where and the link to google docs to download them free. I thought I’d pull out some of the more popular math worksheets I’ve made.
This list is not complete… you can always scan through the Math Category or Freebies Category to see what else is available.
Montessori Math Addition and Subtraction Pages: I’ve made a whole series of Montessori style addition and subtraction pages.
- Montessori Style Addition Pages (No Regrouping) – Shown tens-ones, but also at that post are the hundreds-tens addition worksheets.
Pete the Cat:
- Addition and Subtraction with Pete the Cat,
- Doubling (2+2, 3+3) Game with Pete the Cat
- Multiplication by 4s with Pete the Cat
- Pete the Cat Unit
- More free Pete the Cat Resources (preK-1st grade)
- If it’s closer to Christmas, we also have a number of Christmas Themed Pete the Cat math pages
- Pokemon Multiplication Cards,
- Pokemon Multiplication Practice Sheets (below),
- Pokemon Equivalent Fraction Cards
Minecraft Math Worksheets:
A “Bump” Game with Pets: Capture the Pets
I made up cards such as 7+7 or 8+5. Each player took turns taking a card and covering the answer with a token. If another player had a token on that pet, she could “bump” him off. Once a player has 2 tokens on a pet, it’s hers to keep.
13s, 14s, 15s Board Games
For practicing addition such as 6+8, 5+9, etc.
(Directions to this game at the post)
Kitty Math Pages
Multiplication Cat Races
Winter Themed Math Pages
Valentine’s Day Math: Various Valentine’s Day math sheets I made for addition, multiplication, doubling (8+8) , division, etc.
Easter Math Sheets
Christmas Math Number Cards and Math Games
More Thanksgiving Math Games and Math Packs
Skip Counting Mazes:
I’ve also made all sorts of skip counting mazes like these:
Sometimes the materials I make aren’t themed… like the ones below:
That’s about it for today. I hope you found something useful… and stay tuned for some new math sheets in the months to come!
You Might Be Interested in These Related Posts:
- How to Start Homeschooling
- How and Why Did We Get Started Homeschooling?
- How Long Will We Keep Homeschooling? (Homeschooling Through High School)
- Back to (Home)School Shopping List
- What Happens in a Homeschool Day — Our Week or 2 in Review (K, Gr. 3, Gr. 5) — A glimpse into our homeschool (last November) that helps give you a flavor of what our homeschool routine looks like.
- Math Curriculums & Going Beyond the Text
Some of our math packets that are for sale include addition/subtraction and multiplication packets. Click the links below to take you to those posts for more information.
Multiplication Packets: Find out more by clicking on the link below: