Telling Time: Games, Worksheets and More
When I shared the free skip-counting pages a little while back, I mentioned that ED has been working a lot on clocks. I thought I’d share some of the clock-type activities we use in our homeschool.
I made ED a packet of time sheets from the Teacher’s Corner: Time Worksheet Generator. You can create worksheets that suit your child’s needs. You can create worksheets to the hour, half-hour, quarter hour, or by ten-minute, five minute or minute intervals. They also let you choose the style of the clock face. I’ve pasted in a few examples below:
I also brought out this really cute clock that I found online a couple of years ago. The idea and printable came from Suddenly 2nd Grade. It’s called the Race to Tell Time.
A while back I also shared a great online game that I let the kids play now and then called Stop the Clock.
Here’s a picture of Stop the Clock — Level 1 – learning time to the half hour and hour:
Here are direct links to the other levels:
Stop the Clock — Level 2 — fifteen minute intervals
Stop the Clock — Level 3 — five minute intervals
Stop the Clock — Level 4 – to the minute
Stop the Clock — Level 5 — military time (such as 18:19)
If you have younger kids just starting to tell time, you might be interested in the Kitty Clocks I made for ED a year or so ago.
If you’re interested in these two pages, you’ll need to click on both links below:
This is the board we use with ED’s clock cards (we use Fast Track for most anything when it comes to math!!). When ED flips over a 3 o’clock card, she figures out the time and moves that many spaces. She continues (drawing another card if she needs to) until she can’t move any more.
I made a gameboard similar to the one above that you can download for free over at this post: Free Ultimate Math Game Board
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Various Free Montessori 3-Part Cards
- If your child knows their letter sounds, they may be ready to learn to read. Visit this post, Teach Your Child to Read, for fun ideas that help your child learn to read!
Animal Packet: This packet covers the basic characteristics of vertebrates and invertebrates. Goes over insects vs. spiders. Covers wild vs. domesticated animals and animal tracks.
Learning the Multiplication Facts: As my daughter moved into learning her multiplication facts I looked around for the kind of multiplication practice that would help her. The math book she was using went through the math facts a bit too quickly for her. She needed quite a bit of repetition and wanted bright, colorful worksheets. I wound up making my own sets of practice pages and games. She loved that! Be sure to check out our Multiplication Bundle here: Learning the Multiplication Tables 2s thru 9s. Scroll down to see the links to these individual packets below.
Each of the Multiplication Math Packets I made for ED had a different theme. And as you will see, the packets progressed from fairly easy, straight-forward pages in the first packet to mixed multiplication and division problems by the time she was working on her 8s.
What order did she learn her math facts? 2s, 5s, 10s, 3s, 6s and 7s (because those skip counting songs were easy for her!), 4s, 9s, 8s.
Many of these are all on sale individually or you can buy the bundle of all these materials.