Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome Worksheets and Activities
Today, I’m going to share a few worksheets and cards about Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. These are free to download! These cover highlights such as:
- the Parthenon
- The story or Romulus and Remus
- the Colosseum
- Julius Caesar
Last semester, we read the Story of the World, vol. 1 (affiliate link), which is all about the ancient world. As I said before, ED loved this book! (And her older siblings wound up listening in too!) As we came to the end of the semester, the kids were anxious to finish the book. (In fact, we started listening to the Story of the World audiobook CDs (affiliate link) in the car and in the house!)
The girls also did a couple of ancient world projects. Last week, I shared the Ancient Egyptian pyramid that ED made. DD was keen to do a project too after she had finished her research project. She decided to make the Roman Colosseum!
Ancient Greece – Ancient Rome Worksheets and Cards You may want to check out some of the projects we did years ago when we studied Ancient Greece. We opted not to make the Parthenon or geography projects this time a round, but they were big hits in our house a number of years ago. This post also has links to some of the Ancient Greek myth books we used: Ancient Greece Unit for Kindergarten, Grade 1 or 2
You might also be interested in our packet on the Ancient Greek gods and goddesses! This unit includes the major Olympian gods and touches on some of the famous mythology of Ancient Greece. You’ll find that here: Ancient Greek Gods and Goddesses
Here are some of our other posts having to do with the Ancient World:
- Free Ancient World Worksheets (Egypt, Mesopotamia, India)
- Free Ancient Egypt Notebook Pages
- Make Your Own Egyptian Pyramid!
- China Geography and Landmarks Packet
- Ancient China Packet
- Ancient China – Books for Kids
- Hinduism Worksheets (India History)
And you might want to visit the posts from our Middle Ages Unit:
- Vikings, Norse Myths and a Woodburning Craft
- Middle Ages: King Arthur, Charlemagne
- Middle Ages Unit: The Medieval Church and Monasteries Worksheets
- Feudalism in the Middle Ages Notebook Pages and Simulation
- Middle Ages – Notebook Pages on England and France (800-1200)
- The Crusades
- Middle Ages in the 1300s: Black Plague Simulation, Hundred Years’ War, Crusades
- Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan Free Notebook Pages
- Marco Polo – Notebook Pages, Books and Resources
That’s about it for today! See you again soon here or at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter! You might also want to check out our History Resource Page which has links to dozens of history posts. And don’t forget to check out Our Store as well.
Happy Homeschooling! ~Liesl
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.