This activity is for kids who are learning to listen for the consonant blends: sh ch and th. These include various activities to practice the sh ch th words: picture cards and words, tracing pages, seek & color pages, etc.
As the kids were learning to read, I had a wide variety of file folder games and activities that I would rotate into their workboxes. A friend of mine is working with her son and I couldn’t find original file I had used… so I made a new set to share with her (and YOU!!).
And before I go, on Fridays this fall I will have a number of freebies to share with you… So look for Friday Free File Folder Games and Freebies! 🙂 Yay for alliteration!
Enjoy! 🙂 ~Liesl
Here are some other blend materials I’ve made: L-blends such as BL, CL, FL, GL and PL
S-Blend Activities and Games Packet (sc sk sl sm sn sp st and sw)
Below, I’ll also add in links to some of the free materials I made for the kids as they were learning to read. ED really loved the sets of Bob Book worksheets I made for her. These sets are free! 🙂
If your child knows their letter sounds, they may be ready to learn to read. Fun file folder games and activities to help kids learn to read. This post has a dozen or different activities the kids did in preschool. 🙂
Princess Sight Word Game Board–This is a gameboard I made when DD was learning to read. There are links to the (free) princess sight-word cards that we printed out. At the time she and ED loved princesses. 🙂
Visit this post, Teach Your Child to Read, for fun ideas that help your child learn to read as well as some of the readers my kids used… Funny enough, my three kids all gravitated towards different sets! LD really liked the Bob books, DD loved Animal Antics, and ED read through the entire set of Sam readers!!
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- What Has My Preschooler Been Doing Lately?
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds – Be sure to pick up our free science experiment packet:
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Free Math Lapbook (PreK-K)
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Various Free Montessori 3-Part Cards
- Dinosaur Lapbook and Activity Packet – This is a huge packet I made when ED studied dinosaurs. I made the dinosaur lapbook for her and then added in all kinds of other activities because I know my kids loved dinosaurs when they were around age 3 or so. 🙂 You can find out more about this here: