Princess-Themed Sight Word Game
A couple of years ago I made game-boards to go along with some cute princess-themed sight word cards I found over at Kelly’s Kindergarten. Print out both pages of the sight words “Cinderella’s Ball.” (3rd game down) and/or the sight words under Sight Word Memory: Princess-easy (you’ll need to scroll down to the 15th game). Print out the cards on cardstock.
To play, place all the cards face down in a pile. Take turns drawing a card and moving your game piece to the next available sight word on the game board. If you draw the midnight card you lose a turn. If you draw Cinderella’s glass slipper you get to take two cards and move twice that turn. The first person to make it to the castle with one of the sight words written there wins the game.
Click here for the Princess Sight Word Game: is, to, like, see, my, the, go, for, red — (pictured left)
Click here for the Princess Sight Word Game – yellow, are, it, six, blue, you, green, up – (pictured right)
If your little one isn’t in to Princesses, be sure to hop over to Kelly’s Kindergarten as she has a huge array of early reading games to choose from with many different themes (Cars, Nemo, snowmen, 101 Dalmations and lots more)
On a different note, but still on the princess theme I suppose… my girls have wanted to draw castles lately. Here are some easy step-by-step directions for your child to draw their own castle.
If your child knows their letter sounds, they may be ready to learn to read. Fun file folder games and activities to help kids learn to read.
Visit this post, Teach Your Child to Read, for fun ideas that help your child learn to read!
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- What Has My Preschooler Been Doing Lately?
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Free Math Lapbook (PreK-K)
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Various Free Montessori 3-Part Cards
- Bob Book Worksheets