It’s the holiday season and today we have some Christmas word cards and worksheets for those of you who are helping your kids to learn Spanish!
This year, I teamed up with Sra. Morato from Homeschool Spanish Curriciulum. We’ve been working together to create a series of free Spanish worksheets for you. This is the 5th post in this series. Let me turn this post over to Sra. Morato:
Feliz Navidad! (Merry Christmas)
I am so glad Liesl gave me the opportunity to share this Christmas post with you all. For the Hispanic culture, Christmas time is one of the most exciting celebrations Hispanics families look forward to celebrating every year.
First lets enjoy the music!
- Jingle Bells – Cascabel
- Silent Night – Noche de Paz
- Mi Burrito Sabananero- This is a traditional song.
Second Enjoy learning Christmas vocabulary
As always, Liesl has created the most fantastic worksheets to make learning meaningful and fun! Enjoy the season and Feliz Navidad!
Here are some extra vocabulary words that are related to Christmas in the Hispanic culture.
- Decoration las decoraciones
- Star la estrella
- Lights las luces
- Christmas cake la tarta de Reyes
- Christmas card la tarjeta de Navidad
- Christmas carol el villancico
- Christmas Day el día de Navidad
- Christmas Eve la Nochebuena
- Christmas present un regalo de Navidad
- Christmas pudding el pudín de Navidad
- Epiphany la Epifanía
- Nativity Scene El nacimiento
- Baby Jesus El Niño Jesus
- Happy New Year! ¡Feliz año nuevo!
- manger el pesebre
- Merry Christmas! ¡Feliz Navidad!
- Midnight Mass la misa del gallo
- mistletoe el muérdago o el calcetín
- New Year’s Day el día de Año Nuevo
- New Year’s Eve la noche vieja
- present un regalo
- Santa Claus San Nicolás, Papá Noel
- snow la nieve
- toy un juguete
- Twelfth Night la Noche de Reyes
- white Christmas la blanca navidad
If your child is already taking or thinking about taking Spanish 1 course I created this PDF guide about what to expect and what your child needs to learn the first year of Spanish. Feel free to request it: Click Here to Subscribe to receive your Guide: First Year of Spanish- What to expect.
New Spanish Course for Elementary: As many of you know, I offer Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 courses over at homeschoolspanishcurriculum.com. I am excited to announce that I am in the process of creating a new Spanish course for elementary ages. Many parents have asked for it and my own daughter is eager to learn along with many other students. Please visit this page for more information about the Spanish Course for the Elementary Years (K-Gr. 6)
To learn more about me and my Spanish teachings visit my website homeschoolspanishcurriculum.com
Spanish Teacher/ Curriculum Designer/ Homeschool Mom
It’s Liesl here! A huge thank you to Sra. Morato for helping to put together these fun Spanish worksheets! I don’t speak Spanish, so I’m grateful to have a the opportunity to work with Sra. Morato to put this series together for all of you!! Be sure to visit some of the other free Spanish printables we’ve made for you this year:
- Daily Calendar in Spanish! La Página de calendario de Hoy – It will help your kids learn the days of the week, the months of the year, the weather and other skills!
- Coming up next:Free Spanish Worksheets – ¡En el jardín! In the Garden!
If you have any requests as you introduce your child to the Spanish language, let us know!
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. And, be sure to visit Sra. Morato’s website HomeschoolSpanishCurriculum.com
~Liesl and Sra. Morato