If you are studying about different animal habitats or the word biomes, you may be interested in this free download. I made this world biomes pin map for the kids years ago. It includes a world biomes map and legend has pictures of the boreal and deciduous forests, rain forest, grasslands/savannas, chaparral, and tundra that the kids can stick onto the map.
How to Make This: Print out all three pages on card stock. I laminated the map and pieces for durability. The map is taped down onto several layers of foam and a hard piece of cardboard at the bottom. We taped the straight pins onto the biome pictures with clear packing tape.
You will need to download all THREE files listed below. These are all free to download!
This page includes a map of the biomes of the world.
Note: It says “used by permission” because I reached out to the person who had this on their website years ago for permission to use this map in my pdf. Of course, you have permission to use this in your homeschool or classroom! You may not upload the file onto any file-sharing websites, but feel free to pin it to Pinterest or link back to this website! ~Liesl
These pieces include pictures of the tropical rainforest, tropical savanna, desert, chaparral, grassland, deciduous forest, and boreal forest
This last page includes picture of the arctic and alpine tundra and extra legends if you need them.
If you use this, I’d love to hear from you here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook page! ~Liesl and the kids
Update Feb. 2016: We are doing a Biology Unit this month that covers the Biosphere – biomes, ecosystems, and habitats. We’ll be spending time on the climate zones. We will also look at the food chain, food webs and the energy pyramid. We spend some time on feeding relationships (herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, detrivore, decomposers) as well as biological interactions (mutualism, amensalism, parasitism, etc.). This packet is pretty much complete and I should be sharing it some time soon. It is about 40+ pages of notebook pages and activities. Feel free to email me if you’re wondering when it will come out or if you need these materials sooner. (liesl at homeschoolden dot com). I’ll update this blurb once our packet available. ~Liesl
Some related topics you might be interested in:
- Free Montessori World Pin Map
- Hands on Geography Activities for 4 years on up!
- Free Montessori Cards: Vertebrates-Invertebrates; 5 Vertebrate Groups
- Various Montessori 3-Part Cards that I’ve made for the kids over the years
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-5 year olds on up!
You might be interested in our 50+ page dinosaur packet for ages 3-7!
Preschool posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks