Reptile Cards From Around the World – US Australia South America Africa
About the same time we studied the world biomes years ago, my son was *really* into reptiles. I made some cards for him back then and made them into pin-map pieces that he placed on our world map. There were reptiles from the rainforest, desert and tropical savanna.
I also used the cards as Montessori 3-Part cards (where he matched the name with the photo). You’ll find those larger cards below.
By the way, at the time we lived in Australia so the photos of those reptiles were taken by me. I often saw giant (4 foot long) perentie when I went running outbush! Pretty cool, huh?!
There are small pin-map pieces that we used with the World Biomes Pin Map (see this post for the free download for that).
I had the picture of the reptile on one side and the location on the back.
Here are country flags for the location where these reptiles were found. For one activity, my son sorted the cards under the appropriate country flag.
Below are the same reptiles as above, but the cards are larger. Sorry, but each of these is a separate download. I made them years ago, but still thought I’d share them in case anyone can use them! They’re free. 🙂
I’m curious to see if anyone find these useful. I’d love to hear from you here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook page! ~Liesl and the kids
Some related topics you might be interested in:
- Free Montessori World Pin Map
- Hands on Geography Activities for 4 years on up!
- Free Montessori Cards: Vertebrates-Invertebrates; 5 Vertebrate Groups
- Various Montessori 3-Part Cards that I’ve made for the kids over the years
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-5 year olds on up!
Coming Soon! A bran new 50 page dinosaur packet for ages 3-7!
Preschool posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
Our new Biology Packet on the Biosphere is available. See details here: