While my older kids were learning a lot about the location of the specific countries of Africa, my preschooler was working on world geography again. I thought I’d share some of the activities ED has been doing the past week or two.
As always, we started out by singing the continent song. It’s to the tune of Frère Jacques:
Click here to hear the kids sing this the Seven Continents Song on You Tube and to see what we do with the pin map.
While we sing the song, the kids always point to the continents on a Montessori world map. (What makes it Montessori is the specific colors used for each continent.)
I made this pin map years ago and we have used it so, so much. But when I went to link to the website where I got our map, the link no longer worked. So… it’s not perfect, but I made a Montessori world map that you can download for free.
There are two to choose from… one has country borders, the other doesn’t. Also I included the continent song so you can print it out if you want it.
Click here to download our Montessori Style World Map Packet
World Animals Packet: As we talked about the 7 continents, we did a study of the World Animals. You might want to check out our Montessori World Animal 3-Part cards and the 60+ pages of activities in this packet:
This packet includes 1) matching & tracing pages, 2) fun-fact tracing pages, 3) do-a-dot pages, and 4) outline maps for each continent and a cut-and-paste activity. It also includes satellite images of the 7 continents.
Come see our 7 Continents Song you-tube video over at this post… the kids sang through the the song to help someone (overseas) learn the tune!
- Montessori 3-Part Dinosaur Cards
- Dinosaur Lapbook
- Dinosaur Matching
- Letter Activities
- Number Recognition
- Counting Activities
- Easy (and challengin!) Addition Activities
- Dinosaur Math Grid
- Odd-Even Games
- and much, much more!
You might also be interested in these posts:
- Free World Biomes Pin Map (Grasslands, Deserts, Savanah, Tundra, Deciduous Forests, etc.)
- Various Free Montessori 3-Part Cards that I’ve made for the kids over the years
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-5 year olds on up!
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
You might also be interested in this post about our
- Hands-on math activity ideas (what we did when we had math time together)
- Month and Days of the Week Cards
- Pirate Clocks – Match the analog clock with the digital clock
- Make 5 and Make 10 playing cards
- A doubling game board and game cards (1+1, 2+2… 8+8, 9+9)
- Doubling Bump Game
- Doubling +1 game board and game cards (1+2, 2+3… 7+8, 8+9)
- Doubling +1 Bump Game
- Math practice worksheets
- Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen math fact cards and sorting mat
- Skip Counting by 5s tracing sheets