Are you looking for free Nature Scavenger Hunt printables? We have several fun options! Every spring, as the weather gets nicer and nicer we spend more and more time outdoors. We’ve been doing this scavenger hunt for years. I know we’re not alone because this printable has gotten well over 50,000 downloads since I first made it years ago!!
We found a lot of cool critters that very first year we did it:
Spring has finally arrived here, so it’s time to boot the kids outside for our annual Nature Scavenger Hunt! There are so many great reasons for going outside this time of year!
You can download a copy of our Nature Scavenger Hunt by clicking on the link. It’s free to download. 🙂 Enjoy!
Here are some other Scavenger Hunts I’ve made for the kids:
- Photo Hunt — One year, I sent the kids out with cameras and had them take pictures of everything from a fence and stump, to another person’s hand and a flock of birds. You can download the Photo Scavenger Hunt by clicking on the link or photo below. It is free to download as well:
- I made another Second Nature Scavenger Hunt that is a bit more challenging for the kids this last year. They spent close to three hours hunting for the creatures on this list… This second scavenger hunt is probably best near a creek/pond. We have one that runs through the back of our yard, so I had the kids try to find algae, a frog, toad or lizard, etc.
We really love going out this time of year! What about you?!
Don’t miss our latest Outdoor Scavenger Hunt with QR Codes! The kids were SUPER excited about this!!
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well. I’ve chosen not to use pop-up boxes at this point, but you can click here to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter!
You might also enjoy these posts:
- Free Planets of the Solar System Pages (this includes some tracing pages and Montessori 3-part cards)
- Simple Machines – My kids loved all the hands-on activities you can do with this unit!!
- Five Senses Packet – Early Elementary (ages 4-9 or so)
We have lots of different unit studies. Among our most popular these days are our Earth Science and Biology Units
- Earth Science
- Layers of the Atmosphere
- Biosphere — ie. Biomes, Ecosystems, Habitats, Food Chain, Symbiosis and more!
- Ocean Unit
- The Botany Unit has also been popular this spring for learning the parts of a seed, parts of a flower. My daughter loved the Carnivorous Plants portion of that unit (included in the Botany Unit).
and our Human Body Bundle
Again, each of these units include hands-on activity ideas that we did to help make the units come alive for the kids! Skeletal System, Digestive System, Circulatory System, etc.
Making ♥Learning♥ Fun!! Again, Happy Homeschooling!! ~Liesl