Beginning Reader Worksheet Pack to Accompany the Bob Books
We are using the Bob Books to help ED learn to read. She is just learning to sound out CVC words. While my other two kids learned to read early (age 3) using the Bob Book series (and others), my third child has her own pace and style of learning. She is excited about writing words, loves to color, and has amazing pencil skills. I made these worksheets for her. These would never (never, never!) have worked with my son so don’t be surprised if your child isn’t interested!
This is a 20-page pack that goes along with the very first set of Bob Books.
Here are some pictures of ED doing the sheets. Again, I want you to know that these sheets might not be of interest to your child. My son was very active so it worked better to be very, very hands-on with him (scavenger hunts for words; writing words in chalk on the side of our brick house and throwing wet sponges at the word as he read them aloud; races where he had to find the index card with the word on it as fast as he could and bring it back to me … that sort of thing!) Hmm… all good ideas that I should revisit with ED in the near future!!!
You Might Be Interested in These Related Posts:
Teach Your Child to Read – A collection of many of the activities our kids did while learning to read.
I made another 15-page packet to accompany the Bob Books – Set 2 (Advanced Beginner).
I’d just love to hear from you if you found it useful. ~Liesl
You May Be Interested In These Related Posts:
- What Has My Preschooler Been Doing To Lately?
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Teach Your Child to Read