Animal Tracks – Cards and Activities
When my kids were younger, they loved hunting for various animal tracks along the creek that runs through our backyard. I made some Animal Track Activities for the kids when they were studying animals.
This is just one of the activities in our 100+ page Animal Unit. 🙂
Below my youngest daughter was doing the animal track matching page. She was using the animal track cards to help out!Click here to save this on Pinterest
My kids – and especially my girls, loved studying animals through the years, so this Animal Unit has a wide variety of activities! Below are some of the other activities in the Animal Packet:
After covering animal tracks, you can go on to study animal homes and shelters:
Earlier this year, I added in a mini-unit on nocturnal animals that would also work well with the Animal Track activities:
The 100+ Page Animal Unit covers
- Animal Body Coverings – feathers, fur, scales, skin
- Vertebrates vs. Invertebrates
- Types of Animals and Animal Characteristics – In this section, we go over some of the traits common to mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish (ie. having a backbone, being warm (or cold) blooded, feeding their young with milk, laying eggs… etc. etc.)
- Types of Animal cut-and-paste activity (below)
- “What Am I?” Identify worksheet
- Basic Animal Classification Activity
- Types of Animals – Exceptions! — Did you know that the platypus is a mammal that lays eggs? This notebook page talks about some exceptions to traits discussed above
- Insects vs. spiders
- Invertebrate groups — and their characteristics (legs, no legs, antenna or no antenna, etc.)
- Animal Tracks Activities: including Animal and their Tracks Montessori 3-part cards (which you can use to play a “Memory Game” – placing all the cards face down and trying to pick out matches); also animal and their tracks matching pages
- Wild vs. Domesticated Animals – Sorting Cards; Notebook Pages
- Nocturnal vs. Diurnal Animals – Sorting Cards, identification page, and activities
- Whose Tongue? – Fun identification page, notebook page
Below you’ll find few more screenshots of what is included:
Here is the Animal Packet Quick Preview
The price of this packet is $5.99. This packet is included in our Big Animal BUNDLE if you plan to go into even more depth. The Big Animal Bundle includes World Animals Unit, Rainforest Unit, Winter Unit (Arctic vs. Antarctic, Polar Animals, Hibernation Unit), and the Life Cycles Packet. Again, see more details about the Big Animal Bundle here. ?
You don’t have to have a PayPal account to purchase this unit. You can use the “Pay by credit card option” See this picture for details.
Don’t forget to check your PayPal email address for the download link! Feel free to email me if you have any questions or problems.
You can use the add to cart button if you want to purchase any of our other units. See Our Store for more details.
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well.
Again, if you are interested in joining our Homeschool Den Newsletter, feel free to subscribe here:
Again, you can find out more about our Big Animal BUNDLE here: