One of our most visited posts through the years has been our place value activities. I thought I would put together a video to share how we covered place value in our homeschool (we did these activities regularly when the kids were roughly 4 to 6 years old. I also have a huge packet of materials (over 100 pages!) that include these hands-on math manipulatives as well as some other math activities we did when the kids were this age. Below you’ll see samples from the fun new Pirate Pack I put together with various math games, hands-on activities and fun math worksheets.
So first, the math video post. This one is about Place Value:
Place Value Materials
In the video above, I showed how to play the game “Sunny Side Up.” Below are some free cards and instructions for how to play:
A-Hoy Maties! Pirate Math Pack (for ages 4 to 6)
- Month and Days of the Week Cards
- Pirate Clocks – Match the analog clock with the digital clock
- Make 5 and Make 10 playing cards
- A doubling game board and game cards (1+1, 2+2… 8+8, 9+9)
- Doubling Bump Game
- Doubling +1 game board and game cards (1+2, 2+3… 7+8, 8+9)
- Doubling +1 Bump Game
- Math practice worksheets
- Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen math fact cards and sorting mat
- Skip Counting by 5s tracing sheets
- Plus, hands-on math activity ideas (what we did when we had math time together)
Th Pirate Pack& Place Value Activities Packet can be purchased separately, but is also included in our growing Addition Bundle! It is currently over 25o pages and consists of 7 pdfs!
The Place Value Packet and Pirate Math Pack are available for $4.00 (or purchase the Addition Bundle for even better value! Check below for details).
Once you pay for this packet, you will immediately receive a link to download these two files (which will open in a browser window). You will also receive an email from Sendowl (the service I use), which will have a link you can click on to download the Pet Pack: Addition & Subtraction Worksheets. (It will say, “You can download your digital products…” with a clickable link.) Of course, if you have any issues just email me at — liesl at homeschoolden dot com. You can also reach me by using the contact form on the blog.
The link below will take you to PayPal. With Paypal you have the option of using a credit card even if you don’t have a Paypal account.
Pirate Math Packet and the Place Value Materials (over 100 pages of materials). (You might want to check our our growing Addition Bundle below before making a purchase.)
Don’t forget to check the email associated with you PayPal account for the download link!
BUNDLE of Seven! Purchase our 50-page Pet Pack Addition and Subtraction Packet as well as the Pirate Pack and Place Value Materials, the Dragon Math Packet and Fact Family Games, Winter Math Packet, Seasonal Math Games -Valentine’s for $5.50 Find out more about our Addition and Subtraction Pet Pack here at this post. Or purchase them together with the button below:
- Once you pay for this packet, you will immediately receive a link to download these two files (which will open in a browser window). You will also receive an email from Sendowl to your PayPal email address (the service I use), which will have a link you can click on to download the Pet Pack: Addition & Subtraction Worksheets. (It will say, “You can download your digital products…” with a clickable link.) Of course, if you have any issues just email me at — liesl at homeschoolden dot com. You can also reach me by using the contact form on the blog.
The Addition Bundle includes 7 pdf files, 250+ pages
1. the Pirate Pack which includes 65 pages of math activities
3. Pet Pack addition worksheets and games
5. Dragon Math Packet (Addition, Subtraction worksheets & games)
The price for the Addition Bundle is still the same: $5.50.
Note: After payment, you will receive an email from SendOwl, the delivery service I use. It will go to your PayPal email address. If you have any trouble with your download remember you can always contact me! ~Liesl
Addition Bundle (7 pdf files): Pirate Packet, Place Value Activities, Pet Pack and Math Fact Family Games and Worksheets
Here are some pictures of the other pdfs included in the Addition Bundle:
Dragon Math Packet (Addition, Subtraction worksheets & games)
You might also be interested in these other video posts:
- Homeschool Science Units in the Elementary and Middle School Years – Video Post
- Hands-On Homeschooling – This video explains why we love hands-on homeschool projects and activities! The girls show some of the hands-on projects we’ve done, sing a bit of the U.S. President Song and we even show you a cool science experiment about salinity… a neat experiment that your kids will WOW your kids too!! Enjoy!
- DD shares what she learned when we studied the Organelles of the Cell
- Becoming Deaf in One Year (A video post about my horrible year… six ear operations, crazy symptoms… and having to have everything removed from my left ear… ear drum, bones, balance system, everything! Ack!)
- How we Made our Earthquake Shake Table
- Ringing Rocks State Park (in Pennsylvania)
- Skip Counting by 6s – Clapping Game and Song
- The Kids Sing the 7 Continents Song – We did this to show how we used our Montessori World Pin Map.