One of our most visited posts through the years has been our place value activities. I thought I would put together a video to share how we covered place value in our homeschool (we did these activities regularly when the kids were roughly 4 to 6 years old. I also have a huge packet of materials (over 100 pages!) that include these hands-on math manipulatives as well as some other math activities we did when the kids were this age. Below you’ll see samples from the fun new Pirate Pack I put together with various math games, hands-on activities and fun math worksheets.
So first, the math video post. This one is about Place Value:
Place Value Materials
In the video above, I showed how to play the game “Sunny Side Up.” Below are some free cards and instructions for how to play:
A-Hoy Maties! Pirate Math Pack (for ages 4 to 6)
- Month and Days of the Week Cards
- Pirate Clocks – Match the analog clock with the digital clock
- Make 5 and Make 10 playing cards
- A doubling game board and game cards (1+1, 2+2… 8+8, 9+9)
- Doubling Bump Game
- Doubling +1 game board and game cards (1+2, 2+3… 7+8, 8+9)
- Doubling +1 Bump Game
- Math practice worksheets
- Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen math fact cards and sorting mat
- Skip Counting by 5s tracing sheets
- Plus, hands-on math activity ideas (what we did when we had math time together)
The Place Value Packet and Pirate Math Pack are available for $4.00 (or bundle it with the Pet Pack; check below for details).
Once you pay for this packet, you will immediately receive a link to download these two files (which will open in a browser window). You will also receive an email from Sendowl (the service I use), which will have a link you can click on to download the Pet Pack: Addition & Subtraction Worksheets. (It will say, “You can download your digital products…” with a clickable link.) Of course, if you have any issues just email me at — liesl at homeschoolden dot com. You can also reach me by using the contact form on the blog.
The link below will take you to PayPal. With Paypal you have the option of using a credit card even if you don’t have a Paypal account.
Pirate Math Packet and the Place Value Materials (over 100 pages of materials). If you are interested you can add in the Pet Math Packet in the option bundle below for just 50 cents more (scroll on down to see that option).
Don’t forget to check the email associated with you PayPal account for the download link!
BUNDLE of Three! Purchase our 50-page Pet Pack Addition and Subtraction Packet (normally $2.50) as well as the Pirate Pack and Place Value Materials (pictured above) for $4.50 Find out more about our Addition and Subtraction Pet Pack here at this post. Or purchase them together with the button below:
- Once you pay for this packet, you will immediately receive a link to download these two files (which will open in a browser window). You will also receive an email from Sendowl to your PayPal email address (the service I use), which will have a link you can click on to download the Pet Pack: Addition & Subtraction Worksheets. (It will say, “You can download your digital products…” with a clickable link.) Of course, if you have any issues just email me at — liesl at homeschoolden dot com. You can also reach me by using the contact form on the blog.
BUNDLE: Place Value Materials, Pirate Math Packet (65+ pages), Addition & Subtraction Pet Pack (50 pages),
Plus the 30+ page Addition Games Packet: Fact Family Game Boards and Worksheets
Place Value Pack, Pirate Pack, Pet Pack, Fact Family Games — Bundle (over 180 pages of materials, 4 pdfs!)
You might also be interested in these other video posts:
- Homeschool Science Units in the Elementary and Middle School Years – Video Post
- Hands-On Homeschooling – This video explains why we love hands-on homeschool projects and activities! The girls show some of the hands-on projects we’ve done, sing a bit of the U.S. President Song and we even show you a cool science experiment about salinity… a neat experiment that your kids will WOW your kids too!! Enjoy!
- DD shares what she learned when we studied the Organelles of the Cell
- Becoming Deaf in One Year (A video post about my horrible year… six ear operations, crazy symptoms… and having to have everything removed from my left ear… ear drum, bones, balance system, everything! Ack!)
- How we Made our Earthquake Shake Table
- Ringing Rocks State Park (in Pennsylvania)
- Skip Counting by 6s – Clapping Game and Song
- The Kids Sing the 7 Continents Song - We did this to show how we used our Montessori World Pin Map.