Place Value Video Post: Place Value Printables and Pirate Math Packet (Ages 4-6)
One of our most visited posts through the years has been our place value activities. I thought I would put together a video to share how we covered place value in our homeschool (we did these activities regularly when the kids were roughly 4 to 6 years old. I also have a huge packet of materials (over 100 pages!) that include these hands-on math manipulatives as well as some other math activities we did when the kids were this age. Below you’ll see samples from the fun new Pirate Pack I put together with various math games, hands-on activities and fun math worksheets.
So first, the math video post. This one is about Place Value:
Place Value Materials
In the video above, I showed how to play the game “Sunny Side Up.” Below are some free cards and instructions for how to play:
A-Hoy Maties! Pirate Math Pack (for ages 4 to 6)
- Month and Days of the Week Cards
- Pirate Clocks – Match the analog clock with the digital clock
- Make 5 and Make 10 playing cards
- A doubling game board and game cards (1+1, 2+2… 8+8, 9+9)
- Doubling Bump Game
- Doubling +1 game board and game cards (1+2, 2+3… 7+8, 8+9)
- Doubling +1 Bump Game
- Math practice worksheets
- Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen math fact cards and sorting mat
- Skip Counting by 5s tracing sheets
- Plus, hands-on math activity ideas (what we did when we had math time together)
Th Pirate Pack& Place Value Activities Packet can be purchased separately, but is also included in our growing Addition Bundle! It is currently over 25o pages and consists of 7 pdfs!
You might be interested in our growing Addition and Subtraction BUNDLE. It includes 15 pdfs. I’ve been adding seasonal math packets periodically!
Scroll down below for more details about the games, worksheets and activities included in this bundle!
ADDITION BUNDLE: Place Value Pack, Pirate Pack, Pet Pack, Fact Family Games, Seasonal Activities and more— Bundle (over 250 pages of materials, 10 pdfs!)
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well. ~Liesl
Again, if you are interested in joining our Homeschool Den Newsletter, feel free to subscribe here. It’s a great way to hear about our latest packets and to learn about many of the hundreds of printables & other materials we have tucked away on the blog!
Happy Homeschooling! ~Liesl
You might also be interested in these other video posts:
- Homeschool Science Units in the Elementary and Middle School Years – Video Post
- Hands-On Homeschooling – This video explains why we love hands-on homeschool projects and activities! The girls show some of the hands-on projects we’ve done, sing a bit of the U.S. President Song and we even show you a cool science experiment about salinity… a neat experiment that your kids will WOW your kids too!! Enjoy!
- DD shares what she learned when we studied the Organelles of the Cell
- Becoming Deaf in One Year (A video post about my horrible year… six ear operations, crazy symptoms… and having to have everything removed from my left ear… ear drum, bones, balance system, everything! Ack!)
- How we Made our Earthquake Shake Table
- Ringing Rocks State Park (in Pennsylvania)
- Skip Counting by 6s – Clapping Game and Song
- The Kids Sing the 7 Continents Song – We did this to show how we used our Montessori World Pin Map.