Recently I came across these multiplication game boards I made for LD years ago. Originally I made it for LD to practice his 7s, but then I made another for the 6s. I thought ED would have fun reviewing her 6s and 7s facts when we start back to school. We’ve been playing these daily since the holidays! I’m going to share this game again for those who might be interested. It’s free to download! 🙂
Here’s how to play the “Catch the Mouse” game:
**Use a wooden cube and write the numerals 4 through 9 on each side. Each player takes a turn rolling the die and multiplying by 7.
**The object is to try to catch the most mice by placing two of your own markers on a mouse to capture it.
**Let’s say you roll a 4. Multiply that by 7 and place a marker on the 28 mouse. The next player rolls. If there is just one marker on the mouse they can bump the other player’s marker off the mouse. If their own marker is on that mouse and they place a second marker, then that mouse has been captured.
**The game ends when all mice are caught. The winner is the player who has caught the most mice.
The object is to capture as many mice as you can. If there’s only one token, you can bump the other player’s piece off. Once you have two tokens on the mouse, it’s yours!
This is the skip counting song our family used to learn the 7s:
Row, Row, Row Your Boat…
7, 14, 21
Gently down the stream…
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily…
42, 49, 56, 63
Life is but a dream…
70, we’ve arrived.
Skip Counting for 6s: This is the video the girls made last fall. We made our skip-counting song into a clapping game too and the girls really had fun with it. It made most sense to share this as a video… so here are the girls singing the 6s:
6, 12, 18, 24
30, 36 wait there’s more
Then comes 42, 48, 54 hooray
With 60 we’re done skipping today!
You may be interested in our Multiplication by 2s, 3s, 5s, and 10s worksheet packet or the 3s File Folder Game:
We also have packets for learning multiplication by 4s and 9s
Buy our COMPLETE multiplication bundle, 10 files, for $7.00 (Sold individually as well. Just follow the links above.)
- 2s, 3s, 5s, 10s (8 Pages) – Bugs, Butterfly and Flowers Theme
- Flower and Bird Theme (25+ pages total) 13 worksheets specifically for learning the 3s; Plus it also has 8 pages of mixed practice for reviewing the 2s, 3s, 5s, and 10s.
- Flower and Bird Theme File Folder Games (2s through 6s)
- The 4s Packet has a total of about 25 pages.
- The 9s packet has a total of 19 pages.
- The Bonus 6s Packet is 10 pages. (Only available in this bundle.)
- Multiplication by 7s Packet and Review Pages, 10 pages. (Only available in this bundle.)
- 8s packet (seen above) is 37 pages.
- Mixed Multiplication Practice Pages (9 pages) – (Only available in this bundle.) Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction plus introducing the new skill – double-digit multiplication (a few problems on each page).
- Multiplication (and Division) Review Packet, Ancient Egypt Theme (25+ pages)
You can purchase ALL of these multiplication packets (above) by clicking the link below:
Note: Upon payment, you be get a link to download the pdf file. You will also receive an email from SendOwl (the service I use) with the transaction link to download the pdfs (sent to your Paypal email address). When you click on that link, it will bring up a window with the links to download the 10 files. If you have any problems with your order feel free to contact me: liesl at homeschoolden dot com or reply to the email from SendOwl. 🙂 ~Liesl
Includes 10 pdf packets for a total of 150+ pages of materials:
Don’t miss last week’s post about the really fun, active math game we played outside to practice math facts.
You may also be interested in our free skip counting mazes: