When my kids were first learning to read, we used to play a LOT of games. I had a number of file folder games ready to rotate into their work boxes. I made this two-letter file folder game a while back, but hadn’t gotten around to post it. Better late than never, right?!! So, I hope those of you with young ones on the brink of reading find this useful! You might also want to check out some of the other phonics games and activities we did when the kids were letter at this post: Teach Your Child to Read – Activities to Foster Early Reading Skills.
Directions for using the 2-Letter Word File Folder Game: Print out all 4 sheets on card stock. Glue the barn pages to the inside of a file folder. Cut out the horses. Have your child match the horse to its barn. Staple (or attach) a ziploc bag to the inside of the file folder to keep the pieces together for storage.
This preschool file folder game pdf is free to download. Just click on the link below:
Hope your kids enjoy this! ~Liesl
- Teach Your Child to Read – Activities to Foster Early Reading Skills
- What Has My Preschooler Been Doing Lately?
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Free Math Lapbook (PreK-K)
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Various Free Montessori 3-Part Cards
- Dinosaur Lapbook, Games and Worksheets