Yesterday, I shared a lot of activities that you can do with maps. Today I want to share some other geography activities that my kids loved.
After reading through Me on the Map (which is just perfect for the 4-6 year old crowd), I had ED do an activity that focuses in on where we live. You have the kids color in and paste their location, pinpointing their location by going from the largest to the smallest location. For example… I printed out labels such as I live on Earth, I live in North America…
I cut out circles for
- the Earth
- North America
- Your state: Kansas
- City: Topeka
- Street: 77 Maple Street
If you want to print out and make your own Montessori materials, here are the posts where you’ll find those free downloads…
You’ll find the free Montessori World Map here and instructions on how to make a Montessori pin map:
You might want to visit the post about the Animals Around the World. You can access free Montessori cards of animals from each continent at that post:
Don’t miss this post about using the free Montessori US landmark cards I made (Grand Canyon, Statue of Liberty, etc.) and how we used them.
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Free Math Lapbook (PreK-K)
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Various Free Montessori 3-Part Cards
- Living Montessori Now – This website has a wonderful collection of how parents are instituting Montessori inspired activities in their homes.
- ETC Montessori – Free Downloadable Materials
Montessori Mom – This wonderful website has an extensive list of various Montessori resources.
Montessori Album – A growing site with lots of photos.
Montessori for Everyone–Offers free downloads each month–sorting cards such as the seasons, where things come from, animal tracks and more.