Valentine’s Day Printables and Activities
Enjoy Your Valentine’s Day!
We’ve had this blog for quite a long time and sometimes our printables and resources get buried! I wanted you to know that we some fun Valentine’s materials here on the blog!
This post has a great list of our Valentine’s Day Freebies. It includes pictures of all kinds of free printables I’ve made over the years.
- A list of Free Preschool Valentines Day Packs (Free Resources)
- Valentine’s Sight Word Activity: This is an activity I made for ED one year. The printable is free.
- PreK: Free Valentine’s Sight Word Game and Other Activities
- Valentine’s Bump Game — Doubling (Addition) 1+1 through 10+10
- Valentine’s Day Addition Pages (Free)
- Various Free Valentine’s Day Math Printables (Doubling, Division, Multiplication)
- Valentine’s Day Skip Counting Mazes for 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s
- Another set of free skip counting mazes: Valentine’s Skip Counting Mazes 2s 3s 4s 5s 10s – Free!
- Valentine’s Day Math Worksheets: Multiplication, Skip Counting, Addition, Subtraction
- Valentine’s Multiplication Worksheets and Game Boards
- Valentine’s Day Multiplication Worksheets (3s thru 6s)
- Valentine’s Day Bump Game — Division
- Valentine’s Day Math Games: Division and Subtraction Cards and other games
- Valentine’s Day Math – Percent Worksheet
- Free Fractions Packet (Valentines Theme or Plain)
The Wrinkled Heart Activity
The Wrinkled Heart Activity is something I did a number of times when the kids were younger. It is an activity that shows how hurtful words and actions can linger; it reminds us to be kind and gentle with our words. This is something I did with the kids when they were younger (when the kids were 5, 7 and 9) the first time we studied the heart and circulatory system.
Before I read Chrysanthemum (affiliate link) to the kids (since that’s the book I had on hand), I cut out a heart.
Then after we read the book we talked about the things the mice said that were hurtful (and I made folds in the heart) and things we’ve said to each other that have been hurtful (more folds) and things that they’ve heard others say that might be hurtful (more folds).
We then talked about things we say that are kind (unfold). We said as many kind things as we could until the heart was unfolded.
Then we talked about how the heart was still wrinkled and how the hurtful things we hear can linger for a while in our heart. We hung our wrinkled heart in the homeschool room as a reminder to be kind to one another.
Other books you could use with this activity (suggested by the teachers over at ProTeacher): These are affiliate links:
- Oliver Button Is a Sissy by Tomie DePaola
- Willy the Wimp by Anthony Brown
- Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon
- Timothy Goes to School by Rosemary Wells
- The Recess Queen by Alexis O’Neill
- How to Lose All Your Friends by Nancy Carlson
- Mr. Peabody’s Apples
- Sweet Briar Goes to School by Karma Wilson and LeUyen Pham
- Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae
These are some of the Valentine’s Packets that have been added to our Math Bundles:
Added to the Addition/Subtraction Bundle
Added to the Multiplication/Division Bundle
Multiplication and Division BUNDLE!!
Learning the Multiplication Facts: As my daughter moved into learning her multiplication facts I looked around for the kind of multiplication practice that would help her. The math book she was using went through the math facts a bit too quickly for her. She needed quite a bit of repetition and wanted bright, colorful worksheets. I wound up making my own sets of practice pages and games. She loved that! Be sure to check out our Multiplication/Division Bundle here at this page: Multiplication & Division BUNDLE Or scroll down to purchase the bundle of 20 pdfs below. (I enjoy making these!)
If you are interested in even more fun, colorful worksheets and games be sure to check out our HUGE Multiplication/Division BUNDLE!
At just $7.00 it’s an amazing deal! You get well over 300 pages of materials and more than 20 pdfs in this math bundle! I recently added a new pdf packet on the 11s and 12s.
You can visit this Multiplication/Division Bundle page for more details or scroll down below for more pictures of what is included.
Multiplication and Division Bundle (300+ pages of materials)
Division Packet – You can print out either the Valentine’s Themed Pages of pages in a Desert/Mexican Theme
Valentine’s Day Craft we did once:
The girls did this very quick Valentine’s Day craft last week. We’ve been doing this nearly every year since they were toddlers. ? It adds such a pretty splash of color this time of year!
10 Ways To Fill Your Home with Love: This was a post I wrote a few years ago when I went through some horrible health issues (and 6 surgeries in 8 months) which ultimately made me lose my balance system on one side and go deaf in my left ear. It started with… 1. Nourish the relationships around you, no matter how you feel!
Read more at this post! 10 Ways To Fill Your Home with Love
Happy Valentine’s Day — and Happy Homeschooling!
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well.
Again, if you are interested in joining our Homeschool Den Newsletter, feel free to subscribe here:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.