Thanksgiving Turkeys – Free Printable!
How much do you and your kids know about turkeys?! This quick worksheet might come in handy as we approach Thanksgiving here in the U.S. This turkey printable has a few facts:
- Turkeys lived almost ten million years ago. There are 6 species of wild turkeys. It is estimated that there are 7 million wild turkeys.
- The male turkey is called a tom.
- The female turkey is called a hen.
- Baby turkeys are called poults and are tan and brown.
- Turkeys can see in color.
- Male turkeys gobble. Hens do not. They make a clicking noise.
- About 46 million turkeys are eaten each Thanksgiving.
- The heaviest turkey ever raised was 86 pounds, about the size of a large dog.
Plus, there is a quick matching activity – matching some (edible) birds with their eggs. There is just one page, but it’s free to download! 🙂
You might also want to check out these related posts:
Fall and Thanksgiving Freebies – Be sure to check out this post. It has links to many of our Fall and Thanksgiving freebies!
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well. Again, you can click here to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter!
Happy Homeschooling, everyone!! ~Liesl