My girls really loved doing this canvas crayon craft. I thought I would share how they made their creations with you today! It’s quite an easy craft to do.
What you need:
- a packet of crayons
- hot glue gun
- canvas (affiliate link) – We got the 10 pack of 8×10 canvases because DD wants to do this with her friends at a sleepover.
- hair dryer
- Use the hot glue gun to glue down the crayons across the top of the canvas
- Place a tray, plastic or newspapers under the canvas to protect your counters from any crayon spraying/dripping off the canvas.
- Hold the canvas vertically.
- Have the kids use a hair dryer on the hot setting from about 4 to 6 inches away. The crayons will melt and start to drip down. Move the hairdryer to other areas.
- Make sure the kids don’t use the hairdryer for too long or all the melted crayons start to mush together. This is a craft where less is better!
That’s it! Let me know if your kids give it a try! ~Liesl
Here are a few other crafts my girls have enjoyed:
Make a Bead Bowl (20 mins)
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.