This is a game I’ve played with all of my kids as they’ve started working on double-digit number recognition.
*Make your own dice (5 total) with the numbers 1-5 and a sunny side. You can use wooden cubes (available at a craft store such as Michaels).
*Each player gets their own 3×3 square card (available here).
*Roll all 5 dice and make as many number combinations as possible.
*The sunny side is a wild number; choose any number you want.
*For example if you roll a 1,1, 3, 4, sunny-side up then you could make the following numbers 11, 35 (with the sunny-side) and 4.
*Cross off the numbers on your sheet. Then it is the next player’s turn.
*The first player to cross off all nine numbers wins the game.
You can make your own dice with wooden cubes such as the ones I placed in this photo above.
You can get a copy of the directions and the playing card sheet I made here, Sunny Side Up, or you can easily jot down 9 numbers using the digits 1 though 5 on an index card.
Here are more Sunny Side Up – Instructions and Cards
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- If your child knows their letter sounds, they may be ready to learn to read. Visit this post, Teach Your Child to Read, for fun ideas that help your child learn to read!