Apple Muffin Recipe
Today I made Apple Muffins for the kids. It had been a while since I made them and they were a *huge* hit with the kids. I thought I would share that recipe with you. Then down below I shared links to my famous Peanut Butter Recipe, Pumpkin Muffins, Donut Muffins, Homemade Nutrigrain Bars, and others. 🙂
Here are the instructions for making Apple Muffins:
Pre-Heat the oven to 350°F /170°C
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons softened butter (I put mine in the microwave for 25 secs)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped apples
- Mix well and then add 2 cups flour
- You can add 1/3 cup chopped pecans if you want (I didn’t today)
Spray muffin tins with oil spray. Scoop the mixture into greased muffin cup.
Topping: Mix together
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large Tablespoons of flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Drop bits on the top of the muffin mixture
Bake for 27 to 30 minutes.
Here are few other of our favorite recipes I make from time to time that might be of interest:
- Another recipe that gets a lot of hits is the Homemade Brownie Recipe my sister passed along to me. These are super simple to make; my kids love making these.I have a fudge brownie cookie that I might like even better than the brownies! Since they involve melting unsweetened chocolate these are cookies that my kids haven’t really made yet (since you have to be careful to melt the unsweetened chocolate at a very low heat or in a double-boiler). We often have these at Christmas time.
I also really love this Homemade Nutrigrain Bar Recipe as well.
- Peanut Butter Bars: I have been making these since high school and people really love them when I bring them to parties and potlucks!
If you have a favorite recipe, come share under the “Food” discussion in our Homeschool Den Chat FB Group!
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well.
Happy Homeschooling! ~Liesl