Are You Just Starting to Homeschool?
If you’re looking for the answers to your homeschool questions, the new tab at the top of the page, “Starting to Homeschool” is the place to start!! It has links to dozens and dozens of posts:
- How to find a homeschool curriculum?
- What about socialization?
- How do I know what to teach the kids?
- What does a homeschool day look like?
- How do I start homeschooling my preschooler?
- How many homeschoolers are there?
- What science units do we need to study in elementary school? And for that matter–what history and social studies units should we cover?
- What are your favorite units?
- Is it legal? Yes, in all 50 states here in the U.S. It is also legal in many countries around the world, though not in some (such as Germany–see this sad story). Check in to the legal requirements of your own state, territory or country.
This page has a long list of Preschool at Home Posts… and some of our favorite units. Suggestions on how to start in on some of the major subject areas (language arts, science, history, math, etc.) Hopefully this serves as a useful resource for those of you just starting out on this journey!!
Oh–and if you have a question that is not answered there, just drop me a note at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page — and I’ll probably write a post especially for you!
Welcome and Happy Homeschooling!
~Liesl and the Kids