Free German Worksheet Packet on Animals
This year ED is moving beyond colors and numbers in German. I’m trying to build her vocabulary while giving her plenty of time to practice these new words. I’ve created some packets where she also learns some basic new grammar skills. The first packet is on animals – introducing just six animals.
- On the first page we go over over the vocabulary – das Pferd (the horse).
- On the second she figures out which article to use (ein, eine, ein) – ein Pferd (a horse)
- On the third page she uses kein, keine, kein – kein Pferd (no horse)
- The next few pages she makes simple sentence… Hier ist ein… Das ist ein…
You might also be interested in our Tiere Packet (in German Bundle 3)
I’d love to hear from you over on our Homeschool Den Facebook page if you found these useful! Hearing from readers is what makes it worth spending the time to share with the wider world. 🙂
If you are interested in many more free German worksheets be sure to visit this post here: Free German Worksheets for Kids and German for Kids where I talked about the book we used last year, Bobo Siebenschlafen. (We’ll return to that series at another point in the future.)
German Conversation Card Sets:
I have found it difficult to find good German materials and curriculum for kids. Early on we used a lot of free German worksheets and materials, but then at a certain point the kids were ready for more. See more about the German Curriculum we use now in this post.
I made a whole series of Conversation Cards and we are slowly building conversations skills and vocabulary from day-to-day, week-to-week. This is what we will be covering (Click on the links to find out more about each packet):
Be sure to check out our German Store for see all the units and packets we have available!
German BUNDLE 1 includes ALL of the packets listed below. There are 12 pdf files in German BUNDLE 1:
- German Conversation Packet – die Familie (2 pdf files)
- die Tage der Woche
- German Conversation Packet – die Monaten die Jahreszeiten das Wetter
- Weather & Seasons Conversation Starters (Bonus Packet!)
- Weihnachten und Farben
- German Weather Packet –Winterwörter–Krankheiten–Schmerzen
- German Conversation Packet – Kleidung – Clothing (black & white)
- die Kleidung (in color) – 25 pages
- German Vocabulary Builder – Valentinstag
- German Worksheets – Easter Spring Words – Ostern und Frühling
- die deutschen Zahlen, die Farben
Last spring I made our first set of German conversation cards. It consisted of a family tree and various family members (brother, sister, mom, dad, aunt, uncle and grandparents). We used these to practice greetings and for basic conversations asking and answering questions like What’s your name? How old are you? Is this your aunt? etc. Wow! Having props absolutely transformed German for us. So this summer, I made a half-dozen more sets. The kids have made amazing progress with these already.
With the purchase of this bundle you will receive 12 pdf files to download. Once you pay through Paypal, you will receive an immediate link to download these materials. You will also received an email from Sendowl (the service I use) with a link that you can click on. That too will allow you to download the files. Be sure to check your downloads folder (sometimes the files sneak in there). And of course, if you have any trouble with your order or if you have any questions be sure to contact me via email liesl at homeschoolden dot com, or via the Contact Form here on the blog. ~Liesl
Remember, these materials are best for teachers/instructors who speak German. The contain basic vocabulary and conversation starter suggestions only. (ie. there’s no scripted back-and-forth dialogue).
German BUNDLE 2 includes ALL of the packets listed below (for photos click on the Quick Preview or scroll below)
- Lebensmittel – includes 2 word sets – tracing, matching and fill-in-the-blank pages plus a bingo game and Brettspiel.
- Daily Routine, Chores, Free-time Activities
- das Haus – a 50-page packet with pages on the rooms of the house as well as objects around the house.
- Auf dem Land
- der Bauernhof
- Sommerwörter – Worksheets and Activities
- Gegenteile – Adjective Opposites
Below are some pictures of what is included in German Bundle 2. Click on the pictures to enlarge!
German Bundle 3
The packets in the German Bundle 3 set currently includes:
- Berufe (Occupations – Professions) – This packet covers about 50 occupations. It includes matching and fill-in-the-blank worksheets plus bingo cards and a board game. There are also sentence-writing pages
- In der Stadt (In der Stadt; Verkehrsmittel Fahrzeuge; Gebäude — City Words & Directions, Transportation & Vehicles, Buildings in the City). This packet is 50-pages.
- Tiere (Animals)
- der Ozean – Unterwasserleben (The Ocean – Marine Life)
- Körperteile (Body Parts)
- Werkzeuge – Tools
Click here to see what is included in this new bundle: German Bundle 3 Quick Preview
Berufe: This packet is 30+ pages and includes matching (both German words to pictures and German to English), fill-in-the-blank pages (where students can write their own sentences and more.
In der Stadt – Verkehrsmittel & Fahrzeuge – Gebäude This packet is just over 50 pages is divided into three sections 1) In der Stadt 2) Verkehrsmittel und Fahrzeuge 3) Gebäude. It includes matching and fill-in-the-blank pages, vocabulary cards, bingo games and other activities.