End of Year Homeschool Questionnaire (Parent Reflection Questions)
Yesterday I shared the end-of-year questionnaire I wrote up for the kids. There are some end-of-year things that I need to think about as well. Not only is it time to reflect on some of the things that went well (or didn’t), but it’s also time to take stock of what we/I need to do to get ready for next year. I’ll jot down supplies we need, things I need to file, sort through, reorganize and thoughts I have about the units we’ll do when we start back up again and so forth while it’s fresh on my mind. I’ll have this handy so I can pull it out once I’m ready to start thinking about next year. Every family is different, so you may or may not find this helpful depending on your homeschool style. I thought I would share for anyone interested.
On the first page, I tried to put down practically any subject we do/should/might study now or in the future. We have some definite holes and I wanted to be sure to address those when I plan. For example, last fall we were really great about practicing typing daily. That fell away when I was having all of my health/ear issues. I want to bring that daily 5 minutes of typing practice.
Other questions are for brainstorming activity ideas, projects I’d like to add in, field trips that I want to do, but haven’t gotten to and things like that.
You Might Also Be Interested In: End of Year Homeschool Questionnaire: Student Reflection Questions
You might also enjoy this series we did last year at the end of the year, planning for the new year:
- Here are the questions I consider when planning for a new school year.
- This post looks a back at our school year. I talk about what went well and what could use some improvement.
- I talked about how I assess our homeschooling philosophy: Am I happy with *how* we are homeschooling? I talked a lot about the books I’ve read that helped us find the homeschool style that works for us.
- Consider the long-term goals for homeschooling yesterday.
- Short term planning: What are we actually going to cover next year
Here are some posts about planning a science curriculum:
- Creating a Homeschool Science Curriculum (PreK-K)
- Creating a Homeschool Science Curriculum (Elementary)
If you found any of this useful, I’d love to hear from you over at our Homeschool Den Facebook page.