Fun Multiplication Facts Practice
Last week DD played many, many rounds of Fast Track. This is an idea I got years ago from Peggy Kaye’s wonderful book, Games for Math: Playful Ways to Help Your Child Learn Math, From Kindergarten to Third Grade (affiliate link). We used the little Pokemon-themed flashcards I made for her a month or so ago… she’s working hard on those multiplication facts!
This is a homemade board with several start squares, several win spaces, go back one space, triple move, double move, lose a turn and things like that. We’ve used this same board for years!!
We also have a printable version of the game board above here: Ultimate Math Gameboard for Any Math Fact Practice.
She used the multiplication cards below, figured out the problem and moved around the board using the higher number on the card (rather than going around 44 times!).
Meanwhile, I’ve been working on a new St. Patrick’s Day multiplication math pack for her and will be sharing those (hopefully) in the next day or so!
(It’s free, just click the link below.)
Here are some fun outdoor math games that we played when the weather warmed up last year. They are good for *any* math practice!:
- Making Math Fun: 15 Activities and Games to Play with Your Kids!
- Math Worksheets, Game Boards, Lapbook and more (All Free!)
Related Posts That May Be of Interest:
- Homeschool Encouragement: To Homeschool You Need… (In this list you’ll find things like… love, to believe in ourselves, etc.!)
- Homeschool Motivation – 10 Ways to Keep Going!
- Organization: How We Keep On Top of Things While Homeschooling
- Challenging and Inspiring Students without the Overwhelm or Fear of Failure
- 8 Things to Remember about Homeschooling
- High Standards and a Nurturing Atmosphere
- Why You Shouldn’t Reward Kids for Learning
- Advice to New Homeschoolers
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.