We haven’t done that much sewing here at the Homeschool Den, so when I saw these cute projects over at future girl‘s blog I thought they’d be perfect. The kids each chose their own project. I thought they turned out pretty cute!
DD made the octopus. LD made the jellyfish. ED made the fish. DD and LD did the sewing completely on their own, although I threaded the embroidery thread through for the tentacles and LD did the knotting. I had to show ED where to place the needle. She only stabbed me once!
You might be interested in these related posts:
- Ocean Unit Freebies for PreK-K
- Ocean Activities: The Ocean Zones
- Ocean Activities – diorama
- Ocean Animals and their Groups
- Whale Unit (and the Arctic) — Icebergs, Blubber experiment, Buoyancy and more
- Whale Unit – Migration, Echolocation, Baleen vs. Toothed Whales
- Whale Unit – How salt water affect buoyancy – Drawing whales and dolphins