Today I have some free Montessori-style Living and Non-Living Sort Cards for you! Use these cards to sort into living and non-living groups.
Behind the scenes I’ve been getting things ready for our upcoming science units. ED will be doing a bit of animal classification review and I made some new cards for her. I realized, though, that if any of my readers have younger kids in the 2-4 age range you’ll want to start off with a simple living and non-living card sort. Here are a set of cards that you can download free to use with your kids:
Characteristics of Living Things: Here is some information to cover with older kids.
- Living things are made up of units called cells
- Living things reproduce
- Living things are based on a universal genetic code
- Living things grow and develop
- Living things obtain and use materials and energy
- Living things respond to their environment
- Living things maintain stable internal environments – most organisms must keep internal conditions such as temperature and water content fairly constant to survive (homeostasis)
- Taken as a group, living things change over time
- Kindergarten – Classifying Animals Activities
- Animals and their Characteristics
- Animals Around the World Montessori 3-Part Cards – Sort animals from the 7 continents with these Montessori cards
- Various Free Montessori 3-Part Cards which has links to many of the free Montessori resources I’ve made for my kids.
- Preschool Science at Home - Yesterday’s post with links to lots of free materials and activities to do with your kids