If you are studying Ancient Egypt, the kids might like this hieroglyphic generator from Discovery Kids. They can type in their name and see what it would look like in hieroglyphics:
Update: Their website has moved no longer works! It now looks like this. You can find it here: Hieroglyphics Typewriter
Here are some of our posts from when we studied Ancient Egypt – our projects and activities.
I recently created 70+ page Ancient Egypt Packet.
It includes a quite variety of materials
- Geography of Egypt, Fact sheet about modern Egypt (the capital, population, currency, and so forth).
- Landmarks of Egypt
- A 14-page booklet about Ancient Egypt (print one-sided and fold in half).
- Ancient Egypt Lapbook/Interactive Notebook pieces (the Nile River, jobs in ancient Egypt, the mummification process and more)
- Notebook pages on various topics
- Ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses cards, notebook page, gods-goddesses family tree relationships
- Ancient Egypt Timeline Cards (from the early settlement of the Nile River Valley 6000 BCE through the Roman Period 394 CE)
- Montessori-style cards (that go with the Ancient Egypt Safari Toob set– affiliate link)