Pattern Block Templates (Ages 18mo-4 years)
When my kids were little I bought a set of Pattern Blocks. It’s been one of the most enduring resources we have. We still bring them out occasionally and also use them for math now and then.
The kids have used templates like these:
And they’ve also used the pattern blocks for free play:
There are lots of places where you can find free pattern block templates:
One of the best places to get free pattern block mats is over at Prekinders. There you have the option to print out black-and-white cards or full-color versions.
Kelly’s Kindergarten has two sets of pattern block pictures you can download as well.
If your kids are older, pattern blocks can be used for more advanced math problems. Mathwire has a half-dozen problem solving activities that use pattern blocks for grades 3-4.
And there is a really neat set of Pattern Block Building Scenes mosques and temples here, though I don’t know the original website it came from.
You might be interested in this related post:
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Geography Activities (Maps and More)
- Preschool Science at Home Designing your own science curriculum.
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
Categories you may want to visit (which have posts related to these topics):
Be sure to visit our Homeschool Den Facebook Page.