Fun Fall Activities to Do with the Kids
I took this photo last year–the trees don’t quite look like this yet!
I love this time of year! Last Friday I shared some of the free fall-themed packets and indoor activities you can do with your 3-6 year old, but there are so many other great fall activities you can do with your child as well. Here are some of our favorites:
- just go outside and enjoy the weather
- collect leaves and do leaf rubbings
- go apple picking
- read fall-themed books
- decorate the house in a fall theme
- go for a hike at your local state park
- plant bulbs in your garden for next spring
- jump in a pile of leaves
- make an apple or pumpkin pie
- go on a hay ride
- drink hot apple cider
- visit a corn maze
- visit a pumpkin patch
- carve pumpkins
- toast pumpkin seeds
- let the kids use the camera to take fall photos
- go camping and have a bonfire
- make some fall crafts (visit the Crafty Crow for a HUGE selection of fall crafts!!)
- make pumpkin muffins (here’s my favorite recipe!)
Click here to download and print out a copy of this list:
You might be interested in our previous fall activity posts: Scroll through to see spaghetti tree craft, pumpkin pie scented playdough and other fall themed activities like the ones below!
Fall and science collide!!
Our hands-on fall activities when ED was a toddler:
You might be interested in this post: Why I Love Fall!