————– Here’s what we did today with our forest
1) We sang the continent song and the kids placed the
continents in the world map (the world pin map is at the
top right almost out of the picture).
2) We talked about the fact that different places in the
world have different temperatures and different climates
(ie. different biomes). We talked about our own climate
3) We looked at pictures of the deciduous and coniferous
forests. Then we looked at the world biome map and put
the deciduous and coniferous forest pins in the right
place on the map.
4) We did a deciduous leaf matching game from prekinders.com
(we looked at them first and then played “memory.”
5) Then we took turns laying out the the 3-part woodland
animal cards (from the Montessori Print Shop)
6)Then we went on to some squirrel crafts.
Other related posts you might be interested in: