Organization Name: Homeschool Den
Address: Homeschool Den; P.O. Box 168; Manassas, VA 20108
Email: Liesl @ homeschoolden.com
Websites: http://homeschoolden.com/; older site: http://thehomeschoolden.blogspot.com/
Hosting. Our website is hosted by 1and1.com
App: HomeschoolDen App
Data We Collect & How It Is Used
You may browse our website without giving us any personal information, although it may affect your ability to access some services (such as sending us messages). When we do collect personal information, we only ask for what is needed for the intended purpose (such as your email address to sign up for our mailings or information for the purchase of one of our packets (through SendOwl, the delivery service we use.).
When we need to allow access to personal information that we collect, we only allow access when it is needed to operate our business, comply with the law, provide service to you, or protect our rights. More detailed information about the different types of information we collect and how it is used can be found below:
- Newsletter Signups. Email addresses are collected when visitors subscribe to our newsletters. This data is used to send newsletters. We do not sell or rent email addresses. Disclosure exceptions are if we are legally required to share the information, when access to the information is needed for technical support, or if Homeschool Den is sold (all data would transfer to the new owner).
- Contact Form. Should individuals choose to contact us through our contact form, we collect name, email, subject, and message. This information is used to respond to the message.
- Comments. Name, email address, optional URL, and comments are collected when visitors choose to submit a comment on homeschoolden.com. The name, optional URL, and comment data are published on homeschoolden.com but the email address submitted is only used to verify identity and is not published. We may use the information submitted to contact you via email.
- IP Addresses for All Visitors. IP addresses, along with the time, date, and files accessed, are collected for all visitors. When any personal data is submitted, IP addresses and associated data are paired with the personal data. This information allows us to keep our site secure and block access to those who attempt unauthorized access.
- Children. We do not solicit or knowingly collect data from children under 16 years of age.
- Contests. Occasionally, the Homeschool Den conducts contests. Information collected may include name, phone number, postal address, email address, and age group. Age is used to verify eligibility. Other information is used for contest prize fulfillment, which occasionally is completed by outside companies (in which case only the winner’s relevant information would be shared with the company providing prize fulfillment). Name is published on homeschoolden.com and in our newsletters and may be used by the company providing the prize.
- Website Analytics. homeschoolden.com uses Google Analytics tracking to understand the demographics and behavior of our visitors. The data shared with us by Google Analytics does not include personal data, but Google Analytics may possess personal data about our visitors. This site uses Google Analytics tracking.
- Administration, Hosting, and Backups. Internal data collected by homeschoolden.com is stored on our dedicated server and is accessed through secure connections. We keep local, server, and cloud backups to prevent critical data loss. Data collected from visitors is included in these stored backups. Backups are kept for one year after the date of the backup and are stored locally on our dedicated server and remotely on secure cloud servers. Should a user request deletion of their data from our system, it would still exist in zipped backup files retained for the period mentioned. Should a backup have to be restored, the data of any user who has requested to have their date deleted would be manually removed following the restoration of the backup.
- Data Retention. We retain data submitted through forms and email indefinitely unless requested to delete it. As noted in Administration, Hosting, and Backups (number 9 above), we retain backups for one year.
- New Uses of Data. We will not use your data for new purposes unless you opt-in for this new purpose.
- Purchases: We offer packets for sale in Our Store. Secure payments are made through PayPal and the digital pdf/s is/are delivered to your PayPal email address via SendOwl, the delivery service we use. When we make updates or add pages to these Packets, you will be contacted via email so that you can download the updated pdf file (at no additional cost to you). If you wish to unsubscribe to those packet updates, you may do so automatically using the unsubscribe link provided in the update email.
How We Protect Your Data
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, and unauthorized modification:
- Local Storage. Data stored on local computers is encrypted.
- Software and Application Updates. We regularly monitor and update our software, applications, themes, and plugins, and we deploy security updates as soon as possible after their release to prevent exploitation of vulnerabilities.
- Technical Support. If access to data is required by third parties providing technical support, we limit the access provided to the least amount required for the shortest amount of time required. We revoke access when the work is complete.
- Legal Disclosure. We will not disclose your personal data to governmental institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
- AllAboutLearning Press
- Amazon Services LLC Associates Program – HomeschoolDen.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
How You Can Request Deletion of Your Data
- If you would like to unsubscribe from homeschoolden.com email list, you may do so automatically using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every mailing, or by replying to any newsletter from homeschoolden.com and requesting that your email address be removed from the list.
- SendOwl Updates (for packets that you may have purchased or downloaded free): If you wish to unsubscribe to those packet updates, you may do so automatically using the unsubscribe link provided in the update email.