Our Spring Break

Our spring break has just about come to an end… Ahh… Can’t tell you how refreshed we all feel!

My folks invited us down to the beach for some R&R.  We spent time at the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

It was fairly nice weather while we were there.  While it was too cold for me and hubby, the kids still braved the waters a little bit. They must have *really* warm blood because I could barely stick my toe in, though you can see how fast they’re trying to get out of the swimming pool, though!

Beach-Fun-North-CarolinaIt was lovely for the other kinds of beach activities – long walks on the beach, collecting shells, frisbee, ring toss, building sand castles, flying kites and things like that. :)

Outer-Banks We also spent some time having fun. North-CarolinaWe did a tour of the lighthouse, ate some good seafood… and just spent time relaxing, playing board games, and enjoying the views!

Corolla-NC

When we got back home, we still were on break.  We continued to play board games and I spent quite a bit of time gardening. The kids still had their sports practice and music lessons, but other than that we didn’t do anything academic.

DD and I have played *so* many rounds of Settlers of Catan (affiliate link) this break! It’s a board game that requires strategy and planning. You have to acquire resources build roads and settlements and gather enough points to win the game. I love it, but have never-ever won! DD (age 11) wins 85% of the time!! (The others in our family win the other 15%).  Rematch, for sure!!

Settlers-of-CatanED said at one point, so are we going to do school today?  When I said no, she said, “Oh, that’s too bad.  I really enjoy doing school.”  Me too — but I feel even more enthusiastic having had a good break from our normal routine!

Hope you all had a good spring break and a lovely Easter!

Tomorrow, I’ll be sharing a new resource with you (a free one that I hope you can use)!  See you again very soon! ~Liesl

P.S. Big wave to Margaret (and everyone)! Know you’re checking out *this* post! :)

Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. If you do make a purchase, thank you so much for supporting the Homeschool Den! :)

Please like & share:

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>