Today, I have teamed up with Sra. Morato once again to share a new set of free Spanish worksheets. Our topic this time: In the Garden! ¡En el jardín! You’ll find a link to download these free Spanish worksheets below. Let me turn it over to Sra. Morato!
I am honored to collaborate with Liesl once again. Spring is almost here and what a wonderful opportunity to learn about animals and the garden in Spanish. I am so thankful for Liesl’s creativity, her desire to support the homeschool community, and for promoting foreign language learning.
Today we have a new set of free Spanish worksheets to share with you with things you might find in a garden.
We included words such as
- la oruga — caterpillar
- el saltamontes — grasshopper
- la hormiga — ant
- la mariposa — butterfly
What to do with these Spanish worksheets:
- Print the worksheets and work on them at your child’s pace.
- Go outside your house and practice the vocabulary to make learning meaningful. If your child is on the younger side, hide the pictures around your yard and have them hunt for the words one-by-one and bring them back to you (practicing that vocabulary in Spanish, of course!)
- Listen to a song in Spanish about the seasons and try to sing along.
- Practice the days of the week. (Chanting them while dancing around the room works well!!) Remember you can view my video with the days of the week at this calendar post.
- Listen to the (free) audio book of the Hungry Caterpillar, La oruga muy hambrienta in Spanish. You can find the Spanish version of the Hungry Caterpillar at Amazon: La oruga muy hambrienta (affiliate link).
We included worksheets about the days of the week in our free packet below. (Be sure to check out our free calendar practice page in Spanish which includes a video I (Sra. Morato) made about the days of the week as well!)
Click here to download this FREE Spanish Worksheet Packet:
New Spanish Course for Elementary: As many of you know, I offer Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 courses over at homeschoolspanishcurriculum.com. I am excited to announce that I am in the process of creating a new Spanish course for elementary ages. Many parents have asked for it and my own daughter is eager to learn along with many other students. Please visit this page for more information about the Spanish Course for the Elementary Years (K-Gr. 6)
To learn more about me and my Spanish teachings visit my website homeschoolspanishcurriculum.com
It’s Liesl here! A huge thank you to Sra. Morato for helping to put together these fun Spanish worksheets! I don’t speak Spanish, so I’m grateful to have a the opportunity to work with Sra. Morato to put this series together for all of you!! Be sure to visit some of the other free Spanish printables we’ve made for you this year:
- Daily Calendar in Spanish! La Página de calendario de Hoy – It will help your kids learn the days of the week, the months of the year, the weather and other skills!
- Coming up next (hopefully!): Easter words
If you have any requests as you introduce your child to the Spanish language, let us know!
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. And, be sure to visit Sra. Morato’s website HomeschoolSpanishCurriculum.com
~Liesl and Sra. Morato