This is another recipe our family has made for a long time. My Mom got it from a colleague at work years ago. It was in our old tattered family recipe box as “Coconut Yummy Bars.” The kids love these and they are really quick to make. Again, this is something a bring only if I know that it is acceptable to bring desserts with nuts in them.
- Melt 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- Drizzle over 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs, mix and pat firmly into the bottom of a 13×9 glass pan.
- Cover with 1 cup of coconut (evenly spread across the pan)
- Next, cover with 1 cup of chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Cover with 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Drizzle 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over entire pan.
Bake about 20 minutes at 350º F (170ºC) until slightly browned around the edges.
If you want to print the recipe out, I’ve made a quick pdf. You can print out a recipe with pictures or without:
- Peanut Butter Bars
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip