I made a cute flower-themed math packet for kids just starting on basic addition through 10. There are a couple different activities to practice working with the 5s and 10s Number Families.
There are two worksheets for kids to supply the missing number for the 5 and 10 Number Families.
My kids always loved games and would beg to play games like the one below over and over! This is basically a memory game — with number families. There are cards to play “Make 5″ and also cards to play “Make 10.”
Use the numbers 0 through 5 to make a “Make 5″ card game. Lay all the cards face down. Players take turns trying to find cards that add up to 5. Each player can turn over two cards per turn. If a match is made, that player can take another turn. Once all the cards are matched up, the game is over. (The game for Make 10 is the same, just using a different set of cards.)
I recommend that you print 2 or 3 copies of each page on card stock.
Finally, there are a few very basic addition pages as well.
This math packet is currently free to download. There are 9 pages. Click on the link below. I would love it if you spread the word about our materials. Be sure to share this on FB, Pinterest, etc.! Thanks!! ~Liesl
If you found these useful, I’d love to hear from you! Just leave a comment below or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook page!
I also made a Multiplication (by 3s) Packet for my daughter with this same cute flower clipart! You can check it out here:
We have lots of other free math resources. You might be interested in these related posts:
- Kindergarten Math: First Activities of the Year
- Telling Time Kitty Clocks, which I’ll probably add to the lapbook.
- Free Daily Calendar Page — In this post I shared some of the activities ED did with the lapbook on the days of the week, months of the year and the daily calendar page I made for her.
- Ultimate Math Gameboard (great for reviewing ANY math fact — addition, multiplication, division, etc.)
You might be interested in our 60+ Page Dinosaur Packet:
Other related posts you might be interested in:
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Free Math Lapbook (PreK-K)
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks