ED is working on contractions such as I’m, she’s, we’re, can’t, doesn’t, won’t, wouldn’t, etc. She definitely needs more practice with these so I made some cupcake themed activities for her to practice and polish up on this grammar skill.
To use the cupcakes, you should print pages 2 and 3 out on cardstock and cut the cupcake in two pieces. The kids then match the top and bottom to find the contractions that match. Sorry, we’re running out of red ink in the printer, so our cards didn’t turn out as well as you can see form the photo below. 🙂
The other pages are worksheets for her to practice forming contractions, using contractions in a sentence, a contraction matching page, etc. There are 7 pages.
They are free to download. 🙂 Enjoy!
If you were able to use these with your kids, I’d love to hear from you here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page!
Other grammar worksheets and activities on our blog:
- Their, They’re, There – Its, It’s Free Practice Sheets
- Comma Rules and Practice Worksheets
- Comma Rules and Practice Worksheets (Fall Theme)
- Grammar Practice: Possessive Nouns and Pronouns
- Free Grammar Worksheets: Homophones (words that sound the same, but are spelled differently)
- The use of apostrophes, quotation marks and underlining
- 11 Comma Rules and Practice
- Grammar Practice Sheets: Irregular Verbs and Nouns
- More Irregular Verb and Plural Noun Practice Sheets
- Grammar Sheets: Lay-Lie, Piece-Peace, Accept-Except
- Here’s a post with a number of different sheets: Comma Rules, Apostrophes, Underlining and Other Free Grammar Sheets