Contraction Worksheets and Activity – Cupcake Theme
I’d like to share some free Contraction Worksheets and Printables with you today! ED is working on contractions such as I’m, she’s, we’re, can’t, doesn’t, won’t, wouldn’t, etc. She definitely needs more practice with these so I made some cupcake themed activities for her to practice and polish up on this grammar skill!
To use the cupcakes, you should print pages 2 and 3 out on cardstock and cut the cupcake in two pieces. The kids then match the top and bottom to find the contractions that match. Sorry, we’re running out of red ink in the printer, so our cards didn’t turn out as well as you can see form the photo below. 🙂
The other pages are worksheets for her to practice forming contractions, using contractions in a sentence, a contraction matching page, etc. There are 7 pages.
They are free to download. 🙂 Enjoy! ~Liesl
If you were able to use these with your kids, I’d love to hear from you here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page!
And don’t miss our fun spelling sorts!
Find out more using the links below. You will also find these in Our Store.
Long E Words: e ee ea e-e, ie, ei, y ey
K-Sound Spelling Sort: This set works on the /k/ sound: covering the hard K-sound with spellings c, k, ck, ch, cc and que.
Other grammar worksheets and activities on our blog:
- Their, They’re, There – Its, It’s Free Practice Sheets
- Comma Rules and Practice Worksheets
- Comma Rules and Practice Worksheets (Fall Theme)
- Grammar Practice: Possessive Nouns and Pronouns
- Free Grammar Worksheets: Homophones (words that sound the same, but are spelled differently)
- The use of apostrophes, quotation marks and underlining
- 11 Comma Rules and Practice
- Grammar Practice Sheets: Irregular Verbs and Nouns
- More Irregular Verb and Plural Noun Practice Sheets
- Grammar Sheets: Lay-Lie, Piece-Peace, Accept-Except
- Here’s a page with a number of different sheets: Comma Rules, Apostrophes, Underlining and Other Free Grammar Sheets plus links to lots of our free Writing Resources.
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well.
I’ve chosen not to use pop-up boxes at this point, but you can click here to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter! This is the best way to hear about our new resources and packets (which are offered at a discount when they first come out!)
Happy Homeschooling, everyone!! ~Liesl