Last month I started something, new… a Month in Review post as a quick, easy way to see recent posts you may have missed. Here are last month’s posts:
Our Month of Posts: Nov. 2014
Sorry, the links are all broken at the moment because of our move.
1. Contraction Matching Practice Cards- He’s They’re Can’t I’m etc.
2. A Visit with Pocahontas’ Great (x12) Granddaughter
3. Minecraft Money Game: A Game For Counting Coins
4. Native Americans of the Southeast: Cherokee, Seminole Indians, Trail of Tears
5. Getting Facebook Notifications From The Homeschool Den
6. Month in Review: 27 Posts from October
7. Fall Skip Counting Pages for 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s (Free)
8. Free Fall and Thanksgiving Packets and Printables
9. 40 Journal Writing Prompts (Free Printable)
10. Cute Pet Shop Coin Game – Free Printable
11. Free Winter Calendar (Nov to Feb)
12. Earth Science: Plate Movement Hands-On Activities
13. Thanksgiving Skip Counting Mazes 2s, 3s, 5s (Free)
14. -er Sound Spelling Printable
15. Homeschooling Through the Holidays
16. Pumpkin Muffins
17. What We’ve Been Up to In Our Homeschool Lately (Grades 1, 4, 6)
18. A Visit to Washington Crossing State Park and Yorktown, VA
19. Ringing Rocks, PA – A Boulder Field Where You Can Make “Rock Music”!
20. Happy Thanksgiving!
21. Science Activity for Kids With Indian Corn Decorations
22. What if Your Assets (or Your Children) Were Seized Because You Homeschool?
Other News: We’ve been working on our Pinterest page at long last and have added over 75 pins (many of which are our free printables) and four new boards. We’re at Pinterest.com/homeschoolden. We also joined Google+ for the first time, though I have to admit I’m still on a learning curve over there.
Blast from the past:
Desert Unit: This is a post from when we studied the various habitats. ED was 3 1/2 at the time (DD was 6)… and this post shares the crafts and activities we did and books we used.
World Biomes Pin Map: I made this pin map to help the kids visualize where the various biomes are located in the world… deserts, tundra, forests, rain forests, etc. You can download the printable I made to make your own. I keep thinking I need to bring this back out and go over these with ED again now that she’s older (and probably doesn’t remember all this!!) Maybe next semester?
Coming up in December:
Earth Science Volcanoes — We’re just about done with volcanoes and did some really great activities!
Skip Counting Song/Clapping Game (6s)
American West — We’ve done so much in the past 3-4 weeks and I’m WAAaaaay behind in posting about that! I even have a song I wrote & taught the kids to share with you! (Not a Grammy winner, but helps them remember the names of the US rivers, mountains, etc.)
Writing – A couple posts about our current project & newly found resources
Holiday Themed Printables and Packets
Earth Science – Earthquakes
Earth Science Packet — All fall I’ve been promising to polish up and share our printables. It’s now over 30 pages long!! Hope to get that ready to share
New series — Teaching your kids to read… Last year I did a Preschool at Home series. I never really got to how we taught our kids to read and plan to share that series.
Spring 2015 Plans (at the end of the month, I’ll probably share our plans for next semester. Gulp! Is it *already* that time of year!!)
We always love your comments and welcome your questions. Come chat with us over at our Homeschool Den Facebook page!