Here is the free math lapbook ED (and I) made together. It has all kinds of different activities she was working on from the days of the week and months of the year to the concept of odd-even, more-less, doubling, and other things!
At the end of the year last year, I had ED cut out and put together a math lapbook. We didn’t go over much of the material in it, but I wanted the lapbook mostly done for the beginning of this year.
We had a few finishing touches. For example, we hadn’t attached the left and right hands — so ED glued those on the front of her lapbook. (We have yet to add a title as well!)
If you’ve never made a lapbook, you can see that you take the front and back of the file folder and fold them to meet in the center. You can add pages on the inside as needed. For this lapbook, I taped in one more page (another file folder cut in half).
She also glued in the doubles (1+1 through 9+9):
The lapbook includes a game for learning/reviewing the concept of odd-even numbers. We pulled out her lapbook and we played the butterfly game. We took out all the butterflies and each took a butterfly net. ED rolled the die and pulled out that number of butterflies to put in her net. Then I rolled the die and grabbed that number of butterflies. ED then spun the spinner to see who would win the round. If it landed on odd — then anyone who had an odd number of butterflies won. If it landed on more — then the person with the most butterflies won the round. It was quite possible that we tied for that round.
In this post, I explained a little bit more about what we did with the calendar pieces of the math lapbook. Also, there is a free Daily Calendar Page at that post as well, which looks like this:
If you are interested, feel free to download our Preschool/Kindergarten Math Lapbook. I would love to hear from you if you find it useful. You can leave a comment over at my Homeschool Den Facebook Page.
By the way, ED spent a lot of the fall working on doubling… and you’ll find all kinds of free math worksheets and games I’ve made for her the past 4 or 5 months by looking through the Kindergarten Math Category (in the sidebar). I made things like this kitty doubling race game, doubling game with Pete the Cat,
We made a lot of lapbooks together when my kids were 3-6 years old. If you want to learn more about labpooks, you might want to explore the lapbook category to visit some of our past projects.
Lapbooks can be a lot of fun for the littlies:
And educational as well!
You might also be interested in our Addition Bundle (which is actually full of all kinds of math packets for ages 4-6, not just addition)!!
(Over 250 pages of materials, 10 pdfs and growing!)
ADDITION BUNDLE (in the store) (Addition-Subtraction Pet Pack, Pirate Pack, Place Value Activities, Addition Packet: Fact Family Games and Worksheets, Winter Math Packet)
A-Hoy Maties! Pirate Math Pack – 65+ page (for ages 4 to 6) (in the addition Bundle)
- Hands-on math activity ideas (what we did when we had math time together)
- Month and Days of the Week Cards
- Pirate Clocks – Match the analog clock with the digital clock
- Make 5 and Make 10 playing cards
- A doubling game board and game cards (1+1, 2+2… 8+8, 9+9)
- Doubling Bump Game
- Doubling +1 game board and game cards (1+2, 2+3… 7+8, 8+9)
- Doubling +1 Bump Game
- Math practice worksheets
- Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen math fact cards and sorting mat
- Skip Counting by 5s tracing sheets
Other Math Resources here on the blog:
Telling Time Kitty Clocks, which I’ll probably add to the lapbook.
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Free Math Lapbook (PreK-K)
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- U.S. Landmarks and Symbols – 3 part cards (Free Montessori Cards)
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Animals and Their Characteristics
- Animals Around the World – Montessori 3-Part Cards
Dinosaur Packet and Lapbook for Ages 3-7: 60+ Page Dinosaur Packet!
- Montessori 3-Part Dinosaur Cards
- Dinosaur Lapbook
- Letter Recognition Activities
- Number Activities and Games
- Dinosaur Game Board
- Fast Fact Information Cards
- Dinosaur Writing Cards
- Math Games
- Bingo Cards and more!
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well.
Again, if you are interested in joining our Homeschool Den Newsletter, feel free to subscribe here: