Here’s another freebie from our Rocks and Minerals Unit: Free Printable Montessori 3-Part Cards on Famous Rocks Around the World!
If your students are studying Rocks and Minerals they might enjoy this activity about Famous Rocks Around the World! This set includes the Sphinx, Stonehenge, Mt. Rushmore, Uluru, Arches, the Rock of Gibraltar and others.
Hope you find these helpful. 🙂 Have a great day! ~Liesl
So this is how we used it these cards…
My oldest just matched the names and then went off and filled out the blank pages from the Rocks and Mineral Packet (I think it was pages 5 and 6).
DD (in the brown below) matched the cards herself and then used them to help her write the names onto her science notebook pages (from the Rocks and Minerals packet).
ED needed the most help with the Famous Rocks Around the World activity. I helped her read the names and then described each rock (it has 4 presidents… it is an ancient calendar set up in a grassy field). Then ED matched the labels to the 3-part cards and glued them on her notebook pages.
If you haven’t seen it already, you may also be interested in the 26-page Rocks and Mineral Packet I shared a few days ago.
I shared some of our hands-on rocks and minerals activities in these related posts:
- Three Types of Rocks: Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rock Packet – the kids loved these activities because they involved chocolate!!
- Igneous Rock Activities
- Sedimentary Rock Activities
- Sedimentary Rock Activity (much older post, using sand)
- Metamorphic Rock Activities
- Metamorphic Rock Activity (another older post, where we took “core samples,” excavated and examined this baked rock — a cupcake!)
- Minerals: Our Hands-On Activities and Seeing the BIGGEST Diamond in the World
- Earth-Space Science: Topographic Maps
If you are interested in catching up on some of our other activities, you might want to check out the Homeschool Den Facebook Page. I post a quick synopsis of each post so it’s an easy way to browse through things you may have missed. I share a lot of the materials I make for the kids — everything from science and history sheets and packets to some generic grammar worksheets. They’re all free.
If you found any of this useful, I’d love to hear from you over at my Homeschool Den Facebook Page! ~Liesl
You might also be interested in these posts:
- Where I Live Activity Packet My galaxy, solar system, planet, continent, country, state, town, and home! This packet contains a booklet and an interactive notebook activity to help kids understand where they live — from our Milky Way Galaxy right down to their city/town, street and home! This packet was made with the help of homeschoolers around the world and can be used for students in the following countries:
- the United States,
- the United Kingdom,
- Australia and
- New Zealand.
- Learning about the Solar System – Including the hands-on kit the kids loved assembling and painting.
- Earth Science: Timeline of Earth Activity – A Montessori activity that is meant to impress kids with the enormity of time on Earth.
- Earth Science: Layers of the Earth hands-on Activity
- Earth’s Geologic Timeline – How scientists divide Earth’s history into eons and eras
- Learning about Latitude and Longitude, Using a Compass
- Earth Science: Plate Movement Hands-On Activities
- Earth Science: Layers of the Atmosphere
- Free Earth Science Packet: Layers of the Atmosphere
- Hands-On Volcano Activities
- How to Make a Shake Table – Earthquake Studies
Our 150+ Page Earth Science Packet:
You might also be interested in our 150+ page Earth Science Packet: We did a ton of hands-on activities as we studied
- the solar system
- layers of the Earth, Earth’s axis
- compass directions, compass rose, how to use a compass
- Earth’s geologic timeline
- equator, latitude, longitude — Using a globe to determine latitude and longitude
- Pangaea and continental drift
- understanding convection currents
- tectonic plates
- 4 types of mountains
- 3 types of faults
- earthquakes and faults
- volcanoes – volcanic terms, types of volcanoes
- earthquakes and building construction, earthquake shake table
To purchase the Earth Science Packet, visit our Store!
You might also want to check out our Layers of the Atmosphere Packet
See you again soon here or over at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter. You might also want to check out some of our resources pages above (such as our Science, Language Arts, or History Units Resource Pages) which have links to dozens of posts. You might want to join our free Homeschool Den Chat Facebook group. Don’t forget to check out Our Store as well. Again, you can click here to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter!
Happy Homeschooling, everyone!! ~Liesl