Five Senses Unit – The Sense of Taste
All week the kids have been waiting impatiently for the taste activities! LD remembered doing this three or four years ago and couldn’t wait!
We first talked about the tongue and where you sense different tastes. We made a cute tongue model and labeled the different areas.
I’ll show you how we put it together with a quick picture collage:
Then I pulled out a tray with different items and the kids had to decide what it tasted like–bitter, sour, salty or sweet. We used salt, sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cinnamon, powdered sugar, baking powder, lemon juice and Italian salad dressing.
We read the 5-Senses from the Series Read and Learn About Science (affiliate link) We have at least a dozen of the books in that series!
And we also watched the Magic School Bus episode. There is a Magic School Bus book on the 5 Senses too: The Magic School Bus Explores the Senses. (affiliate link)
So there you have it! A quick 20-minute activity and the kids sure enjoyed it!
Next up in this series:
You May Be Interested In These Related Posts:
- What Has My Preschooler Been Doing To Lately?
- Preschool at Home: Activities you can do with your 2-4 Year Olds, Fine Motor Skills
- Preschool at Home: Learning Letters
- Preschool at Home: Alphabet Activities
- Preschool at Home: Handwriting
- Preschool at Home: Science for 2-4 Year Olds
- Preschool Montessori: Vertebrate and Invertebrate Study and Free Cards
- Preschool at Home: A Few Math Ideas for the 2 1/2-3 year old crowd
- Preschool Math Activities (K4) Montessori Math and More
- Preschool at Home: Lapbooks
- You might also be interested in the post: Homeschool Preschool Year in Review which was a recap of many of our preschool activities this past year.
- Preschool Geography: Activities for learning about where we live in the world, Montessori world map work and more
- Preschool Geography: Maps and More
- The Seven Continents and World Landmarks
- Teach Your Child to Read
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.