Last week we did a sorting activity on solids, liquids and
gases. This activity was actually quite challenging for
them, so we’ll have to repeat it a number of times in the near future.
After they sorted the cards together (with help
from me), we ran around the house and collected
one example of each and presented it to the others.
Click on the link to see more details about our chemistry units:
You may be interested in how we covered this topic when we came back around to it (as the kids got older):
- States of Matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas Learning Activities – this post has a ton of fun hands-on activities! I also shared a link to some free Montessori sorting cards I found there.
- Chemistry Experiments for Kids (Grade 2) – Matter is neither created nor destroyed, Acids and Bases Experiment
- Chemistry Experiments for Kids (Grade 2) – Mixtures, Chromatography, DNA Kit
- Oil and Water Fireworks Activity
- Molecules to the Max Chemistry DVD – IMAX movie now available on DVD
You might also be interested in these posts from our chemistry unit: