I came across this website this evening that lists some simple, but cute computer math games appropriate for first graders. I’m not that great about having LD use the computer for these kinds of things, but I think I’ll make a more concerted effort to make games like these available for him. I think he’d enjoy them.
Here are some examples of games listed at this website:
1) Your child can practice counting by 2s (from 26 or whatever) in this connect the dot game:
2) You child can click on the butterfly that shows the missing number (counting by 2s, 5s, 10s or 100s)
3) Find the number missing on the spooky ghosts (92 ? 96 98)
4) Addition Game: Try to get as many ghost pairs as you can that equal the sum you set (anywhere from 5 to 99) http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/ghostblasters2/gb2nores.html
5) Addition of small numbers (ladybug theme) http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/laac/numbers/ch1.shtml
Anyway, that’s just a small sampling but there’s a long list of websites for clocks, money, addition, subtraction, fractions and more.
Here’s the link for second grade math resources (websites, etc.):